The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of colour coding rear lights!

FOSTA

Hey guys with my car being black and the new facelift rear lights being Gray I was thinking of taking them apart and painting the gray surround Satin black?

What do yous think? Should I leave them the way they are or paint them?

Cheers ;-)

I think leave grey. If they were black surrounds on a black car with black centres of your led sections as they are that would be too much black even with the satin. Like the others have said the grey breaks it up a little which I think works quite well.

I love how the car looks now. Though at the same time I would like to see the inserts painted black. It would definitely be different especially since most black cars have their lights completely blacked out.

Maybe try editing the current picture to see what it will look like of offer to do it myself though I'm terrible as things like that.

I have quite abit of that carbon wrap left over off wrapping my full van in it!

I might go that route then.

It's just for me the lights look like they stand out too much and abit in your face lol I just want to make them sit back abit and blend in if you know what I mean ;)

Oh and ABS I'm after a trial rear so that fog lamp will be going in the bin lol I've always hated that fog lamp and heckler has wired the new LED lights up so they have fog lights built in now ;)

Leave as is or carbon wrap. Does Heckler provide them with carbon wrap already done!?!

Nope - well, not yet IF there is a BIG demand for it - maybe, but unfortunatly the cost of the lights will reflect this.

Personally, I think they should be left as is. :innocent: