The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A few questions

ubersonic

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section, if so can a mod move it please :)

I'm planning to buy a MKIV Supra in the summer and so am researching stuffs and I have a few questions im hoping you nice people can help me with :)

1: The car im aiming for at the moment will be an automatic UKDM TT with cream interior, preferably in black (but would consider silver or white) and hopefully completely stock (not caring what radio is in it ofc), how much would I have to pay for that kind of car? ball park figure, Ive seen a BPU one on the bay that ticks all the boxes (except for not being stock) for £5500 is that low/high/average? I don't really care about mileage as long as it hasn't been to the moon and service history isn't that important to me either.

2: If im reading the Model Differences Chart .pdf right it looks like the UKDM cars don't have power folding mirrors, is this easy to retrofit? and how much do a pair of mirrors and the switch plus and associated wires usually cost? My current cars are a MKiii Supra and a Lexus LS400 and one thing that really hacks me off when switching to the Lexus is the lack of power folding mirrors, why they gave it remote central locking but still expected you to walk to each side of the car and fold the mirrors in baffles me lol.

3: What type of differential does the MKIV have? my MKiii has a Torsen and my LS400 has a.... I don't know but ive never managed to get either sideways (never tried tbh) and ideally I wouldn't plan to in an MKIV either.

4: Does the 2JZ-GTE use the same oil type and oil filter as the 1JZ-GTE? and how many miles is the service interval? (assuming stock).

5: Do UKDM Supras have RCL?

6: Does the electric drivers seat have adjustable lumbar support and/or bolsters? (my MKiii has electric bolsters that move in/out and this is quite good as im not a big guy and tend to slide around my LS400 if I corner too fast lol).

Sorry if these are common questions but searching seemed to either give me nothing or everything, thank you for help :)

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong section, if so can a mod move it please :)

I'm planning to buy a MKIV Supra in the summer and so am researching stuffs and I have a few questions im hoping you nice people can help me with :)

1: The car im aiming for at the moment will be an automatic UKDM TT with cream interior, preferably in black (but would consider silver or white) and hopefully completely stock (not caring what radio is in it ofc), how much would I have to pay for that kind of car? ball park figure, Ive seen a BPU one on the bay that ticks all the boxes (except for not being stock) for £5500 is that low/high/average? I don't really care about mileage as long as it hasn't been to the moon and service history isn't that important to me either.

2: If im reading the Model Differences Chart .pdf right it looks like the UKDM cars don't have power folding mirrors, is this easy to retrofit? and how much do a pair of mirrors and the switch plus and associated wires usually cost? My current cars are a MKiii Supra and a Lexus LS400 and one thing that really hacks me off when switching to the Lexus is the lack of power folding mirrors, why they gave it remote central locking but still expected you to walk to each side of the car and fold the mirrors in baffles me lol.

3: What type of differential does the MKIV have? my MKiii has a Torsen and my LS400 has a.... I don't know but ive never managed to get either sideways (never tried tbh) and ideally I wouldn't plan to in an MKIV either.

4: Does the 2JZ-GTE use the same oil type and oil filter as the 1JZ-GTE? and how many miles is the service interval? (assuming stock).

5: Do UKDM Supras have RCL?

6: Does the electric drivers seat have adjustable lumbar support and/or bolsters? (my MKiii has electric bolsters that move in/out and this is quite good as im not a big guy and tend to slide around my LS400 if I corner too fast lol).

Sorry if these are common questions but searching seemed to either give me nothing or everything, thank you for help :)

Hi :)

1. Seems around the right area, give or take a few hundred

2. Anything can be retrofitted, given the time and money. I'm sure there's some article on that here.

3. There are two diffs. Open and Torsen. If you look on the chassis plate of a UK car, you'll see a 4 digit code. e.g. B02B or B02A etc. A is open diff, B is Torsen diff. (The first B is the Big Diff Casing).

4. Yes, and I service mine every 3000 miles. Or once a year :) But, stock cars should be fine with every 8,000-12,000 miles

5. Yes.

6. No idea :)