The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M.O.T Station's

blitziouz

I take my 3.5 tonne van to the council mot place at South Shields but my car was too low.

There are two other council mot places which I haven't tried, the thing I like about the council is that you make an appointment for a specific time and sit in a viewing area whilst the mot is done, they charge the full mot price.

Newington Road, Shieldfield, Newcastle - 01912 783867

Park Road, Gateshead NE8 3HN - 01914 337433

Many local councils have their own MOT testing stations for council vehicles .

By law these test centres must be open to the general public, and as they generally only carry out tests and don't do repairs, there's no incentive for mechanics to find faults that don't exist.

I always use Pelaw mot centre, my brother takes his Corvette there aswell. Like many other places it appears a little run down but the owner is a decent bloke who's been there for years.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)