The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best kit for 500BHP

tooquicktostop

So the 6 speed is purchased and the stock tubbies have seen better days,I could get them refurbished but while all this kit is off the car I might as well go for a small single set up, I have done singles before and made many mistakes buying bits that dont always work well together, a kit would be preferred and I will need drop in injectors, intercooler and an ECU, not looking for big BHP as I dont want to be chasing the numbers,its too expensive, 500 bhp would be fine

What are the best options out there at the moment, car is currently BPU with stock intercooler (condition unknown till I see it)

Reliability it a must, has to do Dragonball

A breakdown of cost would be useful

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rough cost for parts, not fitting and mapping

whifbitz turbo kit = Setup kit without turbo 4" DP/MP £2772.16 + VAT

Turbo.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Precision_62mm_CEA_Billet_Turbo_6262/3663

syvecs is about 2 grand fitted and mapped these days?

ETS ic kit can be supplied by Lee.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/93-98-Supra-Intercoolers-and-Intercooler-Kits/

You know the rest dude, id budget 10k all in and done.

Have to decide between a nice BPU spec or small single, going to need to sort the turbos out either way

Add in the cost of the price of the car, plus sorting the bodywork/wheels and it works out an expensive car, id put a used set of good turbos on it and tart it up, buy a single all done.

10K running then,thought so

Yeah don't see why not. You have been single before so prob know more than I do, but you have done the right thing by the thread, I asked around loads and some members are diamonds,

I have gone past 10k ages ago and I still ain't had the services of Ryan yet, and I still obviously ain't paid srd.

But I like things shiney and that soon adds up.

To do a single conversion to a car you really need to love that car and want to keep it a long time imo, and if im honest i dont think thats the car i would be doing it to, i can see you getting into a world of hurt again with an un reliable car.

Buy a nice low milage clean car thats been pampered all its life to convert or find a nice one already done is what i would do.

Buy a nice low milage clean car thats been pampered all its life to convert or find a nice one already done is what i would do.

Do the single conversion, give it to me & in return you can have my nice low mileage 6 speed with just over 20K on the clock. :D

Add in the cost of the price of the car, plus sorting the bodywork/wheels and it works out an expensive car, id put a used set of good turbos on it and tart it up, buy a single all done.

i agree.....................i know its far from tooquicktostops style but he wanted a car for the Dragonball, so i'd personally not rush into anything, use the car when it arrives and assess the 'issues' it has. afaik is was being used daily just with some known issues and i'm betting these could be lived with for the trip and more (again I know this is not his style) after which the supra flame may be reignited and a major project planned or it could be sold on even dare i say it broken?

Yep, I agree with both Jamie & CJ.

Actually do this, hybrid the turbo's, put in bigger injectors & full BPU mods, run the car at 1.4 Bar all day :)

It would cost you a whole lot less but give you a top spec TT6 and large amount of reliable power.

Agree, however can 2nd hand or hybrid set of turbos be trusted?

If they are refurbished by a good company then yes, I can't remember who Chris & Dan both used recently, I think it is turbo technics.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/www/?page_id=716

http://ww5.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=73154815&product=Toyota%20Supra%20-%20twin%20Turbo%20-%20Turbo%20part%20no.%20S159&price=685&units=1

I never keep anything !!

If I was lucky enough to have picked this car up.

I would do a quick fix up using some decent parts as cheaply as possible, returning the car to as great a condition as makes financial sense.

Then enjoy the car for what it is, whilst keeping your ear to the ground for nice car that's already been lovingly built by someone reputable.

Best of luck with your new project, I am sure you will very much enjoy it.

While I strongly believe that quality products mean long-term reliability, sometimes I think we can get a bit blinkered as to what constitutes "sufficient" quality.

In this case, if you only want a reliable 500 bhp, then what is wrong with a cast manifold (£200 + porting/facing if needed), rebuilt 2nd hand 60mm turbo (Holset springs to mind), and an AEM V2 (or dare I even say, buy my Autronic SM4) for relatively cheap standalone control? Injectors are relatively cheap also, especially if getting used (with a little more cost for flow-testing / matching). I don't see why you can't get a reliable setup, given you're not pushing the limits, for £5k or less.