The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Haltech Engine Management for the Supra

Samurai 20V

Hi Chaps..

In my search for a good tuner in South Africa for my Supie I have come across one in my home town, he is familiar with the Haltech system and has backup from the dealer for Haltech in SA.

Has anybody used the Haltech on a Supra? Any info or suggestions would be helpful.

I think the new Platinum range is pretty good, I think they offer a plug and play harness as well? Is there any other sensors etc required?

The intended setup is a Garret GTX35R, looking for around 600hp.

My other options are Syvecs and HKS FCon, but it means me travelling 2000kms and 650kms respectively to the tuners shop, which is pretty inconvenient.

ANy info would be helpful.

Thanks.

Haltech is well known and a reaonable low end ecu for the price. I would have thought they'd be plenti of Motec mappers in SA though? There's no reason the right Haltech won't run the 2JZ-GTE OK though.

I have not found a local (as in near my district) Motec mapper, they are all 600kms plus away from me. If I am going to travel to a tuner, then I might as well use the FCON Vpro and get the HKS agent to map the car..

All the local guys fit the locally produced systems such as Gotech and Dicktator, check the links below. They may be able to do the job, but without any confidence of anybody using this on a Supra, I am a bit sceptical...Also with no plug and play harness, there will have to be some serious hacking of the existing wiring.

http://www.gotech.co.za/productpro.html

http://www.dicktator.co.za/multitoothecu.html