The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Noob from Maidenhead

mattdavies

Hi, I picked up my Silver RZ auto supra last night and took it for a drive in the wet :s . I have always wanted a supra and currently being 23 and still living at home I thought, no real financial commitments, Why Not ?!

I bought the car in the knowledge it has some niggles, the brakes judder and there is a knock from the near side rear corner ( any ideas about these appreciated ) and the bodywork a little tatty.

My plans are to enjoy it, attend a few meets and slowly turn it in to what I want with nice subtle (ish) mods. It already has 2nd De-cat, blitz cat back, HKS ssqv + induction. Will upload pics later :)

Its definitely a knock from the rear.

I looked into pads and disc last night, any recommendations for what to get and to avoid warping again ?

Get stock disc's mate dont get no cheap rubbish, as for pads again go stock or get some ChrisWilson fast road pads,

As for the knocking it could be a few different things, i would get to a decent mechanic let them take it out.

Welcome to the club,

So Chris Wilson for both. Ok.

I had two VW mechanics in the car last night, they were vague and just decided to get it up in the air and have a look. Just wanted to see if there was anything that may be a weak spot on that end of things.

Yeah Chris should be able to sort you out unless you just want to go OEM then there is a guy on here (steve manley I think) who can get offical toyota parts at a reduced rate, or failing that just PM one of the traders on here, for example Garage Wifbitz.

Does the knocking sound suspension related?

Ok then, how do I contact steve or chris ? PM ?

And yes the knock is when going over bumps, such as speed bumps and raised roundabouts

Drop Chris a email- [email protected] or give him a call- 07971-952084

you will have to search for Steve manleys email I cant remember it of hand.

Or Drop Paul a PM- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?198-Paul-Whiffin

heres a link to paul's webiste shop- http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-c-42_47.html

As for the knocking it could be the suspension mount, or the shock itself, or could be the ball joint

That should keep you busy for a while :D

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

I have emailed chris and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully its not to expensive as I have other things I need to do.

Racestyle: I'm sure I will meet you at some point in the future.

I generally enjoy getting out and meeting other owners. Although I can happily gain information off the interweb there is nothing better then first hand experience

Drop Chris a email- [email protected] or give him a call- 07971-952084

you will have to search for Steve manleys email I cant remember it of hand.

Or Drop Paul a PM- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?198-Paul-Whiffin

heres a link to paul's webiste shop- http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-c-42_47.html

As for the knocking it could be the suspension mount, or the shock itself, or could be the ball joint

That should keep you busy for a while :D

Steve Manley's number though is: 01865 291333 - top guy and has never let me down that's for sure.

And Mr CW is also a first choice for anything and everything Supra-related.

Yeh, but my mate ( who is a car painter ) said its the worst colour to spray as its hard to match and I need a quarter, bonnet and bumper done :s

I analysed the ride height this morning and the body looks level, so I am worrying about nothing.

Found out that one of the previous owners was on here as found stickers and Cards in the glovebox