The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing Emanage

Noz

Hi guys,

I have a fuel cut defender installed, and resistors for the injectors. To get my engine running NA once again, I assume all I have to do is remove the ECU, connect the wires back up, and leave the resistors in for the injectors.

Im hoping it will be rich, as its currently too lean and would explain some problems I've been having.

Will I need to remove the fuel cut defender, or can I leave this in.

When its removed, I will attach the stock air box and run the engine, the turbo or piping won't be removed, I will just disconnect the IC piping to the intake, the car should in theory run stock with bigger injectors, eliminating the ECU to be faulty.

I could be wrong mate but if you run the car with the intercooler pipping disconnected from the throttle body wont that make the turbo spin up very fast when driving and damage it? Like I say I could be very wrong here and look like abit of a dick lol.

If I was you I would put everything back to standard apart from the turbo kit. Leave all the turbo kit connected because as long as you drive off boost it won't affect anything including the map sensor.

So disconnect the EMU and fuel cut defender and put your standard injectors back in. It sould run normal then. And then start connecting things back up, I would start with connecting the EMU back up first and if it starts playing up stright away then you know it's a problem with that!

I drove mine around with just the standard ecu connected for 2 weeks and it was fine as long as I stayed off boost!

Actually mate! I just thought! When I first done my conversion I drove it home with slight hesitation then it got worse within days untill I couldn't get it off the drive as it was running really lean the aem wideband showed --- as it was too lean for the gauge! It took me weeks to work it out! If yours is the same is your rev kneedle jumping up and down? If so try this= take the positive battery termanal off and unplug both lambda sensors and leave them unplugged! Now connect the battery back up and start it up still with the lambda sensors disconnected! If it drives perfect then just connect 1 lambda sensor and join both wires to that one sensor so the ecu sees the same signal for both sensors. I'm starting to think this is the problem mate I really hope it is ;)

What size injectors are you running?

I have 440's mate

I could be wrong mate but if you run the car with the intercooler pipping disconnected from the throttle body wont that make the turbo spin up very fast when driving and damage it? Like I say I could be very wrong here and look like abit of a $#@! lol.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude the problem is fixed.

My idea of removing the intercooler piping was so I could go through the rev range with the engine. Driving it about on idle or just driving it without boost wasn't the aim, the aim was to disconnect the ECU and run the engine and see what the fault was.

Turned out (I hope - its gone without amendments) it was an error with the stock ECU. A flat battery (I think) has reset errors or adjustments in the ECU and its now running like a dream.

Video'ed the drive to work and couldn't be happier :)

I wanted the engine to be running rich, as it is too lean, and would confirm I had found the problem if the mixture ratio changed.

Thanks mate. Grabbed a nice video of the drive into work but being damp the traction was aweful when I touched the throttle. I'll grab some shots over the weekend :)

Got a set of UK fronts to pay for, then its the hunt for boost controller that works.

You still looking into going 600bhp. Should be awesome that project!