The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who is running NA-T?

FOSTA

Hi guys,

Just wanted to start a topic to see how many people are running NA-T on here.

It would be good to see what set-ups you are running ie: what turbo,mani, wastegates, injectors, enginge management and so on.... Also what BHP it made and AUTO or MANUAL.

Also it would be good to here if any of you have had any problems getting it running after the conversion, and any problems that's occurred after everything was set up and running (if any) and how you fixed these problems (i think this one would be good to help outhers)

Also it would be nice to see pics of your NA-T engine bay.

Thanks Jamie :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its a good idea to do a thread on here fot na t set ups. im having problems with mine when its sorted il cover the problems i had :-)

I think the spec to what power is acheived is important to future people wanting to do this conversion..passing people to clubna-t isnt the answer as this isnt just a TT forum.

I know a few people have hit good figures on the T61..i did consider a smaller turbo so i hit high power lower down the rev range. this could still be an option.

What are your future plans Jamie.

Mine:

It's just basic setup running low boost

T-61 turbo

Xs-power manifold (heat wrapped)

Xs-power 3" downpipe (heat wrapped)

Standard factory injectors and fuel pump

BKR7E copper plugs gapped 0.32

4 runner dizzy cap (from Toyota)

Magnacore 8.5mm HT leads

Xs-power front mount intercooler

Greddy e-manage ultimate (mapped by Ryan G)

Made 340.4bhp @ 7psi on AUTO BOX

Problems I had was: missfire as soon as conversion was complete. Fix = new coil.

Overboosting about 2month after conversion. Fix = new branded wastegate (my problem with that was I originally had a cheep non branded wastegate fitted).

And running lean for a few mins on warm start up or if left it idle for quite a while but it goes stright back to normal as soon as I drive away. Fix = not found yet.

Pic of the bay: ( not the best pic but only one I have lol)

I think its a good idea to do a thread on here fot na t set ups. im having problems with mine when its sorted il cover the problems i had :-)

I think the spec to what power is acheived is important to future people wanting to do this conversion..passing people to clubna-t isnt the answer as this isnt just a TT forum.

I know a few people have hit good figures on the T61..i did consider a smaller turbo so i hit high power lower down the rev range. this could still be an option.

What are your future plans Jamie.

Hi mate well I was talking to hodge a while back and I was going over a few things with him.

I was thinking of trying for 600bhp NA-T

TT style inlet mani

TT pistons and rods

Upgraded injectors and fuel pump

6 speed manual box

And any outher supporting mods I will need to achieve to do this

I havnt looked into it properly so not 100% sure on what I will need but he will keep me right :)

But next hodge is getting my car to do a clean up and full wire tuck on the bay :)

How's your car getting on mate?

seen this on youtube, typed in na and cam back with na-t, does this after market turbo kit cost a fortune?

cheers mark

Depends how you go about it mate I think off the top of my head the total cost was around £2.5k but that's was with quite a few expencive branded parts like AEM TRU BOOST, AEM WIDEBAND, precision turbo pw46 wastegate, magnacore ht leads, greddy emanage ultimate.

I think if I done it again and could probs do if for around 1.5k if I had alook around and sourced some good second hand parts. I'm sure there is a guy on here that has a drift NA-T SUPRA and if I remember rite he said he bought his turbo kit second hand for £500 now that's a good buy :)

im one of the club na-t originals i think. had it about 5 years now, still lives

running t61

about 500bhp and 480lbsft @ 1 bar

r154 manual

Yeah I remember you, you helped with quite a few questions I had back when I was starting my NA-T my username was TOTAL TINTING on that club. Not sure if you will remember but if you have a look at your pm's on club NA-t you will see there was quite a few pmsl ;)

Also that is a good power you are making there :)

hi all na-t 2.1mm head gasket,500cc injectors,gt35 360ballbearing turbo,aem fic6 replacet now aem ems2 30-6101 and start kick out dizzi/6coil .run aprox 9monts just one problem fuel pump changet at 255wabro,dyno show 504 rwhp max for injectors 4bar and price :innocent:3.0 including all parts like keramic clutch:taped:

Edited by fixcz (see edit history)

hi all na-t 2.1mm head gasket,500cc injectors,gt35 360ballbearing turbo,aem fic6 replacet now aem ems2 30-6101 and start kick out dizzi/6coil .run aprox 9monts just one problem fuel pump changet at 255wabro,dyno show 504 rwhp max for injectors 4bar and price :innocent:3.0 including all parts like keramic clutch:taped:

Nice power mate! What's it like off boost with that head gasket? :)

You wont need TT pistons and rods as your GE already has them, they're the same, just fit a TT headgasket and you'll be down to TT static compression. 600hp in an NA-T will require standalone to deal with ignition advance at circa 5k. After all that there's no real differecne between na and TT except oil squirters and cop ignition I believe.

Hi mate well I was talking to hodge a while back and I was going over a few things with him.

I was thinking of trying for 600bhp NA-T

TT style inlet mani

TT pistons and rods

Upgraded injectors and fuel pump

6 speed manual box

And any outher supporting mods I will need to achieve to do this

I havnt looked into it properly so not 100% sure on what I will need but he will keep me right :)

But next hodge is getting my car to do a clean up and full wire tuck on the bay :)

How's your car getting on mate?

You wont need TT pistons and rods as your GE already has them, they're the same, just fit a TT headgasket and you'll be down to TT static compression. 600hp in an NA-T will require standalone to deal with ignition advance at circa 5k. After all that there's no real differecne between na and TT except oil squirters and cop ignition I believe.

Well thats good to know! Yeah I knew I would have to change the EMU to a standalone cheers for that ;)

compresse ratio 8.9 better for more bost 504rwhp-1.1bar 470rwhp-0.8-0.9bar low presure rapidly power down.:(cheap way maybe swap tt engine and tuned:search:

Yeah I hear most people say it would be cheeper and better to do a TT SWAP but for some reason I love the idea of NA-T it's just somthing about it and I can't explained it lol :)

the pistons are different bud . ttt pistons are domed out to lowr the compression . lower the comp with the head gaskett is a cowboy way of doing thing and messes up the squish and quench zones. by adding the tt pistons with the stock ge gaskett it lowers the comp suficiently to run upto about 1.3 bar .

compresse ratio 8.9 better for more bost 504rwhp-1.1bar 470rwhp-0.8-0.9bar low presure rapidly power down.:(cheap way maybe swap tt engine and tuned:search:

Thats good power, but you would require less psi with a higher compression. TT's run higher compression than stock and have no problem.

David P is going to be running about 500bhp with stock compression using water meth, I don't see for an extra 100bhp you would need to lower compression as much as that.

You can run the NA up to 9psi safely, 10psi pushing the limit, and with water/meth these engines have run to 14psi/1bar on stock compression, pistons and gasket.

Lower compression will probably be less stress on the engine, but you will require more fuel and more air for the same power as a lower compression, so best to go as far as possible with stock compression.

Well thats good to know! Yeah I knew I would have to change the EMU to a standalone cheers for that ;)

TT pistons have a dish lowering the ratio, the material structure is the same, so it considered just as hard but with the same compression ratio your engine will react differently.

I am unsure the max power from the emanage, I think 600bhp probably would be do-able with water injection as a safe guard, there isn't a bhp limit on things like this, it's just what supporting modifications you have to allow them to run safely. Craig runs 500hp with no issues on the EMU, another 100bhp with water injection to safe guard against knock doesn't sound unrealistic.

I think the price of 600bhp will get very heavy if you choose the v160 route. Plus, there is no warrenty that it will not fail. I know they are bullet proof and people have sell they for big bucks before they are reliable, but you would run fine with a R154 at that power, and would still have room for a bit more and save yourself a large wedge.

No advantage to a 6speed NA-T unless you have big pockets mate, if your considering going stand alone AND 6speed, your looking at an easy 4k straight away without any extra components, fitting or tuning. R154 FTW :)

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Rods are the same but pistons are different.