The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best carbon bonnet for my Supra?

Clancy2k

Hi.

I was planning to get my bonnet resprayed to get rid of stone chips but then the thought hit me, I could get a carbon bonnet for a few pennies more. If anyone could recommend a carbon bonet for my car, that would be great.. I know I should get what i think looks best, but i'd like other peoples opinions too!

Links to bonnets on online shops would be much appretiated, thanks.

Edited by Clancy2k (see edit history)

sorry for the highjack but i got told that carbon fibre bonnets are illegal on the road because of the way they break if you have a crash

i was told that they smash into tiny sharp bits that fly everywhere

is this true are they illegal ?

Utter bollox, that would make it illegal to drive an F40 on the road, every part of the body on them are carbon.

sorry for the highjack but i got told that carbon fibre bonnets are illegal on the road because of the way they break if you have a crash

i was told that they smash into tiny sharp bits that fly everywhere

is this true are they illegal ?

mate of mine has one on his scooby and has never had any trouble with it.. MOT wise anyway.. and he's never been stopped for having it on it's car. This is the first I've heard of this. I think someone is telling you porkies lol

You could go custom, picking mine up from Nur motorsport in a couple of days, hybrid OEM and carbon do-luck bonnet, Noel will sell the carbon humps you graft on your stock bonnet.

yeah thats another option.. wich requires more work and as im lazy id rather just get a replacment bonnet :p I'd rather go for the full carbon.. just because it looks epic lol

Hope to see some pics of your new bonnet when you get it fitted!