The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BEE*R REV LIMITER - TYPE B --- Advice please

Suprakeith

Hello am thinking of buying a bee*r rev limiter type b, for my n/a manual supra and was just wondering if anyone has one of their supra? how easy is to fit? and is it worth buying for my car?

I do drive her hard some weekends if weather nice and do like to rev her to just under 7000rpm, main reason in thinking of buying one is to protect engine just incase do hit the standard rev limiter and it cuts the fuel also to help setting revs for better launch when go to santa pod

It's hardly worth it at all... I'd have thought learning how to launch properly would be a much better way of going about drag racing. Launch control is usually used to build boost before launching, but since you are missing a turbo or two that's sort of irrelevant.

Not sure what you mean about using it in place of the standard rev limiter? That's there to protect the engine anyway.

What do you mean you like to rev to 7,000rpm? While driving?

People usually fit the Bee*R things for the noise they make rather than for any real quantifiable benefit.

Can Launch fine at pod just thought that was a added bonus to owning one and i thought the standard rev limiter cuts the fuel where the bee*r limiter cuts the ignition. and what mean by reving to 7000rpm is while driving and giving her some love taking her to 7000rpm because of the noise my veilside exhaust makes

If your running a sub 300bhp NA engine you've no fear of damaging the engine how ever you drive as long as you don't spend 70% of the time bouncing off 7k and service it on a regular basis. (not that 69% bouncing off the rev limiter is any good, but you get the idea).

The ignition cut makes some awesome noises, but also can do damage to internals, a risk you take.

If you want to spent money on protecting your engine, maybe an oil cooler, a cam belt change and a good service will go along way.

The car has bin serviced well just before bought it the bloke had a full service done by Chris Wilson and he changed cam belt and all fluids and that was only 3k ago, always service my cars very well and do change the oil 3 times a year at least,and i only bounce the car at 7000rpm when having a laugh most if the time just cruise along in her really Do believe my engine is very solid and know the bee*r rev limiter could damage internals if abuse her,but was thinking it would anhance the noise when hit rev limter, still unsure if its a good buy at the minute

main reason in thinking of buying one is to protect engine just incase do hit the standard rev limiter

but was thinking it would Enhance the noise when hit rev limter, still unsure if its a good buy at the minute

...it all comes out in the end - we know you want the bang bang bang noise because its cool.

Its easy:

1. BUY ONE - and wreck your engine

2. DONT BUY ONE - and enjoy hassle free motoring.

Lol the old `want to protect my engine` trick didn't pull that off.

That's why I put a turbo on my engine mate. Wanted reliability lol.

To be fair, engines are pretty cheap, if you fluff it up, won't hit your pocket too much to replace it. You clearly want to try it, I think it's worth a shot if you really want to.