The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much to fit and paint front and rear fenders...?

add heywood

I'm seeing what other people have paid roughly (pm if you want) to have new front wings and rear fenders and then painted, if anyone has had a wider bodykit on their car. I am thinking of getting the full Ridox arches but need to work out fitting and painting costs. Colour would be 040 white. Any help appreciated :thumbs:

edit: just a price on fitting and paint, I would supply body panels...

As a rough rule of thumb (depending on who you go to obviously and how good a job you want/need) then it's £150-£200 per panel painted, although as Rob's said you're probably into painting the two wings, two quarters, rear bumper and roof, with a blow in on the doors so you're only really getting away without painting the front bumper, bonnet and boot-lid. With the filling and sanding to blend the rears in I'd have thought you'd be easily over the £1k mark bud.

Over £1k...?

edit: Yes front's are full wings... How are the wings on a Supra held on? Bolted or welded?

bolted on mate, so no drama unless the ridox dont fit nice.

Alot over that price i would have thought, the only thing your not painting is tailgate, bumpers and bonnet.

Rivet look can still be done, just paint the arches and fit them, sometimes with white, fresh paint against old can make the old look creamy

002-1.jpg

By the look of the kit it needs ridox sideskirts which was another reason i bailed out, as i like do-luck sides, which will be my next body change when the time comes

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Rivet look can still be done, just paint the arches and fit them, sometimes with white, fresh paint against old can make the old look creamy

By the look of the kit it needs ridox sideskirts which was another reason i bailed out, as i like do-luck sides, which will be my next body change when the time comes

I've got ridox front with carbon splitter/undertray and ridox skirts with lower carbon section already on the car... bolted/riveted look is looking nicer lol

Yeah i thought you had but was not 100% sure to have posted and looked a fool. bolted and riveted might be a good option, would look VERY track ready

Car looks quite aggressive now with the carbon and rear wing etc...

It has the rear wing off Barnybrendans car now so looks a bit meaner

I bought my front wings new from Toyota and they were a little over £100 each, and the same again for painting (they'll need to be blended back into the doors), they fitted like a glove though obviously and they just bolt on. If you looking to blend the rear fenders in then the price will go up by alot, but i agree with Rob, if you did it, you'd need to spray both rear quarters, the roof, both doors as you'll need to blend it in front and back for the fenders and wings and also blend it into the rear bumper i would imagine. I paid £800 to have some work done recently (040 white), judging by the difference in work i'd say yours would come to around £1000-12000, not including the price of the wings.

Would save alot of money from the blended look I suppose... And be more "true" to the Ridox design. The skirts, front bumper, trd spoiler sides on my car have all obviously been painted and seem the same colour as the original paintwork, I actually had one of the rear quarters blown over a couple of years ago when I scraped the car getting it in the garage and you couldnt see any colour mismatch, even in dull light.

the front fenders fit perfectly and lines are equal so would just need rubbing down paint filler ect and bolted on.All the bolt holes line up perfectly.The rear fenders you could do yourself ,best way i thought was to fit rivet nuts then the arches could be taken back off and painted then just bolted back on.Was going to use stainless alan key head screws.the places to rivet through on the arches are stepped in and flat same as many rivited arches.once you fit the rears over your skirts and happy .have another pair of hands and tape them into position.once totally happy drill through the arch and through t5he body of the car.Then fit the rivet nuts into the body and send quarters off for paint.

rivet_nut.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

Would save alot of money from the blended look I suppose... And be more "true" to the Ridox design. The skirts, front bumper, trd spoiler sides on my car have all obviously been painted and seem the same colour as the original paintwork, I actually had one of the rear quarters blown over a couple of years ago when I scraped the car getting it in the garage and you couldnt see any colour mismatch, even in dull light.

My colour match isnt great in places because it had a blow over in Japan before it came over and they didnt take the kit off to do it. The laqcuer they used has got a yellow tinge to it as well. Ive got to take mine back in the new year to have the rear bumper and rear quarters sprayed and blended into the roof and doors and it should be mint. All in i'm looking at about £1500 altogether though with what ive paid so far.

Tbh I couldnt justify spending £2.5k on buying and fitting/painting... And the paint on the car is in very good condition anyway so wouldn't really like painting the whole car just for the fenders. I'll have a look into the riveting option. Next question in tech if anyone wants to help is wheel spacers and torque/bhp figures.

With the wheels coming out 50mm each side how would I stop the tyres rubbing on the oem rear arches?