The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Auto 0-60 time?

Elliot

I had the good fortune to find the original Supra sale brochure/booklet at the car boot on Sunday (for 30p!)

It claims a manual 0-60 is 4.9, with auto being 5.6. Can anyone verify this? I remember reading somewhere that autos were 5.1.

I can't check the site for a day or two, but would be interested to know when I get back!

I have an original 1993 advert for the Supra from the US.

It claimed 0 to 60 in 5.7secs.

But then the 5.9 figure we usually see is for 0 to 62.5mph. (100kph)

Could account for a couple of tenths I s'pose.

I normally see 5.1 for the auto. But then you can get good launches more frequently in an auto!

:)

Chris, is yours a manual or auto?

Has anyone with BPU done a 0-60 run recently & been timed? It would be interesting to know what mods and whether it was a manual or auto.

The only reason is that I wasn't too worried about getting an auto until I saw the official difference between them and the manuals. Now I'm thinking it's definitely got to be a manual!

only timing i have done is with the power meter best its said i can do is 4.7 only managed that about once it was a lvoely cold day with a almost perfect launch, no idea how accurate powermeter's are but i always tell people its around 6 seconds if they want to race me :) oh and thats a bpu auto