The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track day wheels

Velociraptor

Alright gents,

I was just wondering what your thoughts on the standard TT UK alloy wheels were like for handling, performance etc??

I'm hoping to get 4/5 track days in this year, do you think there good enough for here and there track use or is it worth upgrading to some better ones? If so, which do you suggest? Budget of about 1-2k,

Cheers,

V

I don't think stock alloys can be beaten for the price (~£200 for a set secondhand), they're designed for the car and easily replaced after an off.

Lighter 18" wheels have their advantages though, if you can budget for them (no suggestions, I'm still on stocks).

Thanks for the advice chaps,

dr_jekyll have you got some pics of them? If you use slicks do you need a roll cage or anything else fitted to the car?

V

thers a thread in the for sale section.

i think its down to the track on requirments, i did a few trackdays on slicks without a cage

The stock 17" wheels are a good, cheap option and give good brake clearance, although they are a bit heavy (Front 11.2kg / Rear 12kg)

Money allowing I'd fit a set of lightweight forged 17" or 18" wheels, my choice would be the Volk Racing TE37 weighing around 7-8kg each.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)