The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrong ETs on wheels

fastcar

Hi peeps. I have set of volk CE28 but on the rear wheels I have the wrong ETs not sure what they are without checking. It the stick out of the arches buy at least 20mm maybe a bit more. The wheel is 10.5 wide on the rear. I was think of getting the hub on the wheel machined to bring the wheel back in line with arch. Not sure if this can be done as I don't think there is enough meet in the hub to machine off. But if it was possible does anyone know where the best place would be to go. Or would it be easier to buy a new set of rear with the right ETs?

If you have the room Tak engineering in slough can do it, Gary has done it a few times for me. 01753 534239

They was Aston martin wheels though, had loads of meat on them.

Thanks Jamie will have a word with him and see what he thinks maybe go a see him. Looking at them I'm not sure it can be done think I'm just grabing at straws

But might be able to take a bit off to make it a bit better then it is.

They did cross my mind when I seen them in the for sale section. The problem I'm haveing most is I can't get the right geo setup on the rears that's what is bothering me the most not just that they stick out the arches if it was I would just go for widening the arch a bit:)

Have the camber set on as far back as it will go but still can't get the right camber. At the moment the tire has about an inch or so of wear and the rest of the tire looks brand new. Never had that problem before with the old wheels. It not just the tire wear the handeling is being effected to

Yep I had no choice. I had to have the arches rolled to stop them cutting into the tire. So I'm guessing that most be the reason for the bad tire contact and handling:)

So its because without shed loads of negative camber the tyres hit the arch's not because you cant wind off the camber ?

Are you having this problem on both sides of the car ?

Do the eccentric adjusters move freely ?

I have 19 x 11.5" rears and dont have any issues getting the camber down to stock

settings if i want them.

They move freely and I have the problem on both sides

So its because without shed loads of negative camber the tyres hit the arch's not because you cant wind off the camber ?

It's because I can't wind of the camber. I have set as far back as stock adjuster will go but still can't get the camber right

Whats the minimum negative camber you can get ?

Will have to try and find my last read out from when I had it done. To be honest I don't think the camber is all the problem. I think most of it is down to the fact that I have had to stretch the tyre over the wheel to get stop them rubbing on the arches. If I could machine the hub that is very doubtful. I would be able to get the correct tyre size on the wheel and I think that would sort my problem out with the tyre wear and the bad handeling:)

Will have to try and find my last read out from when I had it done. To be honest I don't think the camber is all the problem. I think most of it is down to the fact that I have had to stretch the tyre over the wheel to get stop them rubbing on the arches. If I could machine the hub that is very doubtful. I would be able to get the correct tyre size on the wheel and I think that would sort my problem out with the tyre wear and the bad handeling:)

You can either get the camber down or you can't, the tyres rubbing on the arch's is

a totally differant problem caused by either the wheels being too wide and or having

the wrong offset causing you to have to wind up more camber trying to help miss

the arch.

What size tyres are on the 10.5" rims

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)