Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh, and the hotel have just confirmed the price for 20 rooms (plus 10 in reserve...).

Hotel price is 72.50euros plus 1.05euro per person City Tax per night. So on a twin room with 2 people staying that is 74.60euros, and using Google conversion that makes it around £65 per room per night including breakfast (allowing some padding there as euro rates are fluctuating and we got badly stung with conversions last year)

The hotel is the NH Capelle just north east of Rotterdam if anybody wants to check the place out. Dont book direct with them though, as the price will be way more than above (or at least I hope so..)

Are any people getting European breakdown cover or are people just hoping for the best?

It should cost very little over and above normal breakdown cover.

I'd get it as an add-on if I were you :)

And check your existing policy, as you may already be covered.

I did ask about this but no one answered.

I just got a quote off the AA

Full cover inc get your car back home if unfixable is £66.76 for 3 days in May 18th,19th & 20th

Policy type Single Trip

Max Claim limit £2,000

24-hour English-speaking assistance

Roadside assistance and emergency repairs

Get your vehicle back to UK or to your destination

Alternative travel eg Car hire £1200

Emergency accommodationb £500

Finding and despatching spare parts

Up to £50,000 of legal protection after a road-traffic accident

There is a short break cover for £42.92 but that doesn't get your car back

home just roadside assistance and finding parts, max claim £300

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I did ask about this but no one answered, does anyone cover a 17/18 year old car in europe ?

Im with the AA and thought the max was 10 years old but could be wrong.

RAC and AA do as I have just got a quote off both. I don't currently have break down cover as I know someone who can get me back home to a garage I trust. So its looking like about 60 quid for the two days :(

RAC and AA do as I have just got a quote off both. I don't currently have break down cover as I know someone who can get me back home to a garage I trust. So its looking like about 60 quid for the two days :(

£66 is cheap as chips if the worst does happen, wont you be in europe for 3 days ish not 2 ;) :)

I would strongly recommend breakdown cover. We are doing more miles than last year and we did have one car lose its engine after a high speed run. So try to get it in your Roadside Recovery renewal, or with your insurance if you can.

A big list of what you need to bring will be done before the event.

Good to see you're coming mate - be like the good old days!!

Indeed my friend. And my son Josh is coming too. Although he e is not quite the little boy he was that you saw on the inaugural Dragonball event.

first come first served when the tickets go up for sale. Too many names down last year that didnt commit and left us about £300 out of pocket.

Those booked in to the travelodge are obviously planning on going, so if they miss the tickets we will find enough to cover them as a minimum.

@Branners due to me being in The Netherlands, and be returning to shore the 4th of January, international payment takes at least 5 days,,,,,

What if the tickets run out before my transaction is completed??

Take it you are already in The Netherlands & meeting us at Calais? So you only require the hotel?

If so I am sure Branners will be able to arrange something.

Take it you are already in The Netherlands & meeting us at Calais? So you only require the hotel?

If so I am sure Branners will be able to arrange something.

Yes will be waiting with patience to see you all arriving in Calais, will be booking an hotel for the thursday till friday my own somewhere close at Calais for that night,

but from friday morning till the end i'd like to be with the Dragonball-ers, had some problems with ordering the clubcalendar lately from the clubshop, so for me it would be ideal to just pay directly into the club account, it saves me from filling in all UK/English documents at the clubshop, hence my concerns of the availability of the amount of tickets due to international payment taking approx. 5 days.

@Branners due to me being in The Netherlands, and be returning to shore the 4th of January, international payment takes at least 5 days,,,,,

What if the tickets run out before my transaction is completed??

If it is just hotel that will be easier, Eurotunnel is the tricky one to get additional cheap tickets after the first lot of 20.

I have your PM, will let you know how we sort payment. Paypal straight to the club account would probably cover it but will let you know. Also looking for a place you can meet us near Calais so will let you know on that too. Round up any more Dutch Supras that you know of if you want, the more the merrier.

If it is just hotel that will be easier, Eurotunnel is the tricky one to get additional cheap tickets after the first lot of 20.

I have your PM, will let you know how we sort payment. Paypal straight to the club account would probably cover it but will let you know. Also looking for a place you can meet us near Calais so will let you know on that too. Round up any more Dutch Supras that you know of if you want, the more the merrier.

Yes, just the hotel for me that will be fine, thank you.

Been on that too but no responses yet,

Dude, get yourself to the Travelodge :)

I am less than an hour away from Ashford, so I'll most likely pop down Thursday night & say hello. :)

He was banned after being caught stealing the bed linen from last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143760[/ATTACH]

If only the wife saw that! :D

We both only had a few hours sleep then!