The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hey new guy

Guest joel_ep91

Guest joel_ep91

hey guys just thought i would say hello and i love the site,

unfortunatly i dont own a supra as im only 20 and insurance would be crazy it is my life goal to own a TT supra tho but i wouldnt be jumping straight into one start with a N/A then work my way up, but i am i toyota nut at the moment i have 4 starlets all at diffrent levels of tunning from standard to crazy. i do have a RWD car but its not toyota but is retro ford 2.0S capri

starlets are as follow

1995 toms kitted ep82 starlet GT running 450bhp

1997 livesports kitted N/A uk starlet( currently being built fully custom engine build for high compression 11.6/1 compression ratio

1998 factory lip kitted glanza v standard( being upgraded when finished my other car)

and my daily 1998 uk starlet standard apart from a set of D2 coilovers and a set of SSR reverse mesh alloys.

thanks for reading

joel

Guest joel_ep91

insurance this year was 795 with 3 years NCB i only have my daily on my insurance and my other 3 on my dads trade insurance i give him 300 quid a year thats what it costs to put me on his policy i have a 2ltr limit on the traders insurace until in 22/23 i think will upload pictures now

Guest joel_ep91

few pics of my cars

my red livesports project

how i bought it 3and half years ago

before i took it off the road

how it sits now (in primer from last week) with livesports kit minus spoiler

my matt black TOM'S kitted gt turbo ptoject 450

wont bore you with pictures of the standard starlets

Guest joel_ep91
Welcome to the forum :)

Have you got any video's of the 450bhp Scarlet running? That's an insane amount of power for a FWD!

Don't they all come with a 1.3 litre engine?

yea this still has the 1.3 4efte engine ust fully forged,head and bottom end work with a custom spec turbo. was running a 12.8 with a slipping clutch and using r888 tyres so room for improvement. should have a video somewhere will upload.

Welcome

How can a 450BHP Starlet (Fully declared) be cheaper to insure than an NA, that's nuts

i have the n/a fully comp in my name so i still get my NCB every year, i have the GT in my name on my dads traders insurance which covers me for every modifcation i do to the car, also covers me to drive any other car with an modification upto a 2ltr engine it only cost him 300 quid to put another person on his insurance so i cover that.