The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of going wide arch and full respray in alpine white

Parry_10

As some of you may have seen in my project thread I have been doing alot of work to the engine bay recently and hope to have that finished soon so I want to start on the exterior. I am stuck between going wide arch or not- If i do the combination will be do luck front, trial rear, blitz skirts and vs arches everything blended in apart from the front bumper.

Or if I dont then it will be do luck front, trial rear and blitz skirts with the rear and skirts blended in. I just cant decide, I love the look of both but at the minute im swaying more towards wide arch as the cost isnt much more either although the wheels will obviously be expensive. Thoughts and opinions... Also im thinking audi/bmw alpine white for the respray

Chris

Thanks I would prefer to go nur but the extra cost for the arches is too much for me im not willing to spend that sort of money on just the arches, i want to keep my do luck front and trial rear so ridox wouldnt work so its one of the 2 options I have listed really. Both options are pretty much the same in price the only difference would be the extra cost of wider wheels

To be honest I would go to shows and look at wide supra's, the veilside arches tend to look nice from side angles but from the rear distance shot they make the supra look ugly wide. I did the mistake of drilling them into the body and fitting them etc, the day I actually followed my brother driving the supra I realised how ugly they made the supra look from the rear, I'm glad I ditched them.

To be honest I would go to shows and look at wide supra's, the veilside arches tend to look nice from side angles but from the rear distance shot they make the supra look ugly wide. I did the mistake of drilling them into the body and fitting them etc, the day I actually followed my brother driving the supra I realised how ugly they made the supra look from the rear, I'm glad I ditched them.

hmm I will try find a pic with a supra from behind with vs arches I can see what your trying to say though, I just love the look of the orange supra on knight racer- Matt H's on here thats the look I would be going for but then I think would it make the car too 'chavy' lol

I think the Ridox Widearch parts barneybrendan is selling would look great with a Trial rear, it would mean quite a bit of work for the bodyshop, in fact loads of work, but from the rear it would look similar to Ibrar's and it's a really rare kit still

Other than that the link above shows a really light blend or a really heavy blend like mine here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244206-My-Widebody-Trd-how-it-was-done-by-ShellShocked-UPDATED-With-New-Pics-04-12-2011

Post 32 and 108, give an idea of the amount of work that went in to do the extreme blend, especially on the front wings, just make sure you get a really decent bodyshop that is used to doing bespoke work

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Thanks for the links, I think that combination of the vs overfenders trial rear and trd spoiler looks awsome from behind im going to go with that but a full blend. Also I think they are the large overfenders on that car I am going to go with the same ones on jamies old red one. Should look good when its done, then a nice set of wheels to finish the car off