The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS bov - screw on the back?

fastcar

It depends really. A lot of people don't even bother with a BOV, but others have one set precisely to try and minimise compressor stall. There are two very different view-points on which way is best, and a lot of the time people actually decide what to do depending on whatever sound they prefer :D

I've also heard of cars running no BOV blowing holes in intercoolers and blowing pipes off, but never seen it myself.

There's certainly no exact science you have to implement, but I guess if you set it right you'll be happy it's doing its job.

Which HKS one do you have? The Racing SSQV? If so then you can vent off enough pressure to stop compressor stall, but with the normal SSQV I don't believe they flow enough air to totally prevent it anyway. I certainly had a lot in my old single running a normal SSQV at 1.45 BAR.

It says on the bov SUPER SQV. I don't really no much about it as it was on the car when got it about 4 years ago. The car was stock when I got it apart from a cat back system. I went BPU about a year ago running 1.2bar so was just wondering if I would be loseing if it wasn't adjusted right