The mkiv Supra Owners Club

potential supra owner from Portsmouth

Guest benson

Hello,

Joined the forum a couple of weeks ago just to have a browse as I've got around 7k to spend and a TT auto seems to fit the bill of what I'm after...

I've just got a work transfer so finally after years of waiting my daily commute has gone from 50 miles a day to about 2! So finally time to sell the diesel. I've always been into my jap cars having owned/driven ftos and mr2s (I'd always wanted a mr2 turbo but they just look too dated now for my taste) and still cant decide between the supra TT and a dc5 integra type R. My only concern about the supra is that I test drove a manual TT 300zx a few years back and didnt like it as in my opinion it felt like a bit of a barge. Is there any comparison or is the supra a different kettle of fish?

Anyway...I've had a look on pistonheads and there dont seem to be many TTs to go and have a look at. Are there any TT owners reasonably local who'd be willing to take me out for a spin (in exchange for a few tinnies of course) and show me around what I need to look out for and what a good example should drive like? I can then travel a bit further afield when I see one I like and dont have to worry about it being the first one I've been in/looked at if that makes sense

Cheers

Simon

300zx was designed to beat the mkiii Supra so will feel quite heavy.

The Supra is a big car, it handles exceptionally well for its size, but its also about performance as well as handling.

I used to own an MR2 and that would take roundabouts quicker than my mkiv, but could not accelerate or brake as quickly.

An owner who knows their car well can show you just how well it will perform.

yep I'm keeping an eye on the classified's here. Any offers would be appreciated as I'd never buy the first supra I went to look at as I'd have nothing to compare it to and didnt want to waste peoples time just to test drive a car without intending to buy it...

Welcome, great decision on getting a supra.

With £7k you'll have no trouble finding a nice clean auto tt.

However with another grand or so you could get a nice tt6.

As nice as the auto box is if I were to buy a tt it would have to be a manual. There have been tt6's for £7k in the past so who knows if your patient maybe you'll find one within you budget.

Good luck in your search.

Guest benson
Welcome, great decision on getting a supra.

With £7k you'll have no trouble finding a nice clean auto tt.

However with another grand or so you could get a nice tt6.

As nice as the auto box is if I were to buy a tt it would have to be a manual. There have been tt6's for £7k in the past so who knows if your patient maybe you'll find one within you budget.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks; if I do go for the supra I think it'd be an auto, but I shall keep an eye out for both.