The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken F452 or Toyo Proxes T1 Sport ?

Kaamos

No problems with the Falkens at BPU in the dry, wet roads are a different matter however.

+1

Same experience, they are OK in the dry, but not very good in the wet! Massive wheelspin at WOT (BPU+) doing 140kph on a wet highway, not a very secure feeling...

I switched to (the much more expensive) Michelin Pilot Sport 2. Loads more grip and the feedback you get from this tire is great!

my 2 euro cts

Well my car is very capable of lighting up the rears at 70 on a wet road which is a little off putting.

If you want to be safe in the wet then falken 452s will be absolutely fine. If you want to drive around hell for leather in all conditions then I fear your clock may be ticking regardless of what rubber you have on your wheels.

Generally on here people look for good grip in the dry to give it the beans and sensible grip in all other conditions, also some longevity wouldn't go wrong. Stating that tyres lose grip at 70 on WOT in the wet isn't really a concern for most people I would have thought.

If you want to be safe in the wet then falken 452s will be absolutely fine. If you want to drive around hell for leather in all conditions then I fear your clock may be ticking regardless of what rubber you have on your wheels.

Generally on here people look for good grip in the dry to give it the beans and sensible grip in all other conditions, also some longevity wouldn't go wrong. Stating that tyres lose grip at 70 on WOT in the wet isn't really a concern for most people I would have thought.

I don't need a lecture on how to drive thanks, I was simply stating that they are not infallible in the wet when pushed as some people expect a lot from tyres.

About the longevity of both tyres I often read very contradictory reviews I must say... some say the Falken will last longer, some others foresee a longer life for the Toyos.

There seem to be kind of a consensus though, about the toyos having more grip....

Either way I guess I won't go wrong with any or them

PS : sorry for the possibly silly question but what does WOT stand for ?

About the longevity of both tyres I often read very contradictory reviews I must say... some say the Falken will last longer, some others foresee a longer life for the Toyos.

There seem to be kind of a consensus though, about the toyos having more grip....

Either way I guess I won't go wrong with any or them

PS : sorry for the possibly silly question but what does WOT stand for ?

I have a lingering feeling that people might be getting mixed up between the T1-R and the T1-S, as there is a world of difference.

I've had the T1-R tyres and they are fantastic. The grip levels are excellent but I would say they don't last a crack. I'm only guessing about the T1s but I would think that the grip is less and the longevity is more.

I currently have the 452s on my Supra and they have been faultless for the power I am running. I wouldn't fancy them much on the rears once the power is up though. The limit of their grip is a little less than the T1-r but they are by no means ditch finders. IMO 452 are the best value for money as they can be had for very little money now.

BTW the prices you have quoted are very high, I'm guessing that is maybe including delivery to France from the UK though?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/FK452.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

I am going to try the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta next, 10 pound more than FK452 but I heard they are a great tyre plus the thread looks damn good, if money was not object I would get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-2.htm)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

Have Falkens on mine (rear) and they are faultless in the dry and the wet. Sure when pushed in the wet my previous GSD3 Eagles were better - however the Falkens provide more than sufficient grip for safe driving on the street.

drive to the conditions and to ones limits and everyone should be fine.

imi