The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mytyres.co.uk, stay away from them

Kaamos

Maybe some of you have already ordered tyres from them and were happy with the service, but I thought I just had to share my personal experience.......

I had ordered tyres online from other webshops before without any problem but for my 2 previous orders they were the cheapest so I ordered through that company.

I got faulty tyres TWICE ! (but this is not the worst part).

I ordered a pair of accelera 233/30/19 front and one of the tyres kept loosing pressure regardless to what rim it was fitted on.

They changed it for a new one without too much trouble but I had to spend a week on the spacesaver wheel, how great !

Now the "plat de resistance" :

I ordered two Falkens Kk452 for rear wheels (265/30/19) and about a year later when I walked under the car to check for coilovers replacement I noticed that the right tyre was swollen at at least 4 points on its inner sidewall, and the left one has a continuous circular crack in the rubber (inside wall as well).

Tyres being still under warranty I call mytyres's french hotline for a replacement, explain the problem and they told me the garage would get the new tyres within 3 days/1 week, then I just have to go there for a swap, and I got an e-mail confirming that my 2 replacement tyres were in stock etc, this was on december 14th.

A couple of days later, to make SURE things will be handled beforet Xmass (so that I can go on holiday on safe tyres), I call them back and get another confirmation .

1 week later, as I was still waiting without any news, I call them back again and then I got a completely different story.

I'm told that no complain had been made about my order and that they can't swap them, I have to send them back to get a refund and then order 2 new tyres, expected for delivery next week.

How the hell am I supposed to send my 2 faulty tyres BEFORE getting the replacement ones ?

In a complete stalmate with the guy from the hotline, apparently polish or something like that and obviously not fluent in french att all (as well as his 3 previous co-workers), I asked for a responsible :

him - they don't speak french

me - what langage do they speak ?

him - german

me - that's fine for my, I'm fluent in german, Deutsch kann ich auch sprechen

him - ......... yes but they don't answer phonecalls

me - give me an e-mail contact then, please

him - they don't have any

me - are you sure they are running a webshop

So after like half an hour the guy finally comes with this solution : I order 2 new tyres, pay for them, they send new tyres to the garage, I drive there, have the tyres swapped, leave the faulty tyres at the garage's, they collect them and then do a refund.

So I ask, why then can't you just do like I had been told by your 3 or 4 co-workers before you and simply swap the tyres without having me pay for another order ?

"yes we can do this as well, but it's gonna take longer to get the tyres delivered"

"why?"

"......because"

So, at the end of the day, all I have been told since dec 14th was apparently plain rubbish, now I have to wait until the middle-end of the next week to get tyres that won't kill me.

Subsequently I can't go on my christmass holidays, how great !

Looking at how this all was handled I have no confidence at all oin my possible refund and don't want to order my new tyres there, I'll have them alsewhere and try to just get my refund from mytyres.

Still, I won't get tyres before next week and can't spend Xmass with my family, screw you mytyres !

I was surprised as well.

This warranty only works if the tyre are defected, which is the case according to the garage who diagnosed them.

If the consumer is responsible for the problem (wrong inflating pressure etc.....) then it obviously doesn't apply.

Had they replied straight away that they couldn't replace them, there would have been no problem at all though....