The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is a register needed for special/altered Supras?

Tee from China

Not really sure how to actually title this thread so I shall try to elaborate(over 21 so can legally do this:eyebrows:)

I think a register of specific versions would be good such as in TRD, Veilside, Abflug or Top Secret versions and maybe a UK register as well as other forums do with a picture of each car for each catagory and then like owners can compare/ask questions on things specific to that version and new members can see what is different between each version or what has been done etc.

What is the concensus? good idea - yes or no? Do we need a pole for this?

Edited by Tee from China (see edit history)

sorry Guigsy you lost me......whats not a proper version? So you have a UK version right? so how about a register of all the UK's on the board? and for TRDs etc?

There is a register for the UK spec Supras. It's in the members area and SupraManUK looks after it.

Exactly. You can have a genuine trd register. I only know of one on here that posts regular and have only seen 2 or 3 others for sale ever o er the 4 or so years I've been here.

You could have a TS one too. And it might have 2 cars on it. that were made by TS not just a TS kitted car.

Veilside didn't sell cars I don't think. Just parts. Maybe the odd demo or show car.

Anyone can make a group on the site. So go ahead and make one. But it's not really a register like the uk spec one that you can track with vin numbers etc.

A register of fully veilside kitted cars for example will just be a list of random cars that random people have put veilside parts on.

I for one would be interested to have a list of original Japanese Tuning House cars that were now owned by our UK members. The list is going to be very short, naturally, but it would be nice to keep a track of them. This said, I think it would also be fair to include the likes of the Whifbitz and Envy Supes since they too are up there with the best of them. The club has members owning TRD, Trial, Blitz and TS cars but I really couldn't say what else we have lurking in the background?

Supraforums has a section dividing the cars by colour. That way people can immediately source cars with different looks that are all their chosen colour...I think that would be a good way to start. One lad was trying to set up a register for a rre colour as apparently their are only 30 or so factory examples in the US.:)

There is a register for the UK spec Supras. It's in the members area and SupraManUK looks after it.

Been on here since 2006 and I never knew that:innocent: Can non members see the register without actually being a member? (i.e. view without being able to post etc?)

There are members on the board from other parts of the world who may wish to join.

As with the others I admit that some mix-n-match of bits could be a problem.

Was just a though - which seems one that got mixed reactions.

Been on here since 2006 and I never knew that:innocent: Can non members see the register without actually being a member? (i.e. view without being able to post etc?)

There are members on the board from other parts of the world who may wish to join.

As with the others I admit that some mix-n-match of bits could be a problem.

Was just a though - which seems one that got mixed reactions.

No they can't only members can view and post on the thread due to it being in the members section. If anyone wants to add their uk spec to the register but is not a member then they can drop me a pm with their details and I will add it for them.