The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all! New supra owner

Guest SilverSup

Guest SilverSup

Hi everyone!

My name's Alan, i'm from Thornton, Lancashire (near Blackpool) a.k.a "oop North".

I'm completely new to owning a Supra, just got it yesterday. She's a 1994 MkIV SZR N/A import, done 85k miles. Bodywork isn't perfect, neither is the interior -but i did want a project (although this may come back to bite me in the arse) and i don't think i paid much for it. The engine seems to run well, pulls in all gears and makes no untoward noises. Full service history (A4 folder about 4" thick with paperwork, receipts and service bills etc.). Pics below :)

The only mods it's had are the 19" alloys, clear side repeaters and a cat-back Kakimoto Racing stainless exhaust system (sounds fantastic!).

100_0650AA.jpg

100_0652CC.jpg

100_0651BB.jpg

Edited by SilverSup (see edit history)

Guest SilverSup
Welcome to the club mate, nice car you have there, i have family in Blackpool, stark raving mad they are.

Haha, sounds about right!

Thanks for the welcome :)

How much did you get it for...I have watched this car a couple of times on eBay and it has never went higher than £2200 (reserve not met)!?

Looks good! Welcome to te club.:)

+1 iv seen it several times on ebay as well. this is the one that required wheels to be refurb. i reckon he paid between £1600-£1800 for it.

it's this car: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120826448971?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Guest SilverSup

Thanks for the big welcome :)

I paid £2k for the car, i didn't think that was bad, but then again the prices i was looking at for comparison were for TT's and later models.

Yes the wheels do need a refurb and the paint needs some attention. My plans for it so far, in no particular order: Belt change and service, update interior with carbon wrap dash and aluminium dial surrounds, refurb alloys/get different ones, paint job (not sure whether to change colour or not yet though) and second most important - underseal!

Then, i've been thinking about a single turbo conversion - in the distant future.

Guest SilverSup
Hello and welcome from another "up north".

Keep an eye on the the North West section of the events part of the forum.

Definitely will do. I'm used to doing monthly meets at the Trafford Centre (when i had my Alfa Romeo).