The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buyimg LHD Supra

Guest Majorcina

Guest Majorcina

Hello there,i am from Montenegro and i am looking for a Supra 3.0 non turbo but till now cant find a Supra with LHD,any help with it?And is posible to make RHD to LHD and how much that cost?Thanks

This is mainly a UK site so the huge majority of cars are RHD, there are some European and US members on here that may be able to help.

Anyone know if there were ever any NA European LHD Supras made or were they all TT's? I've got a feeling that only the US got LHD NA Supras.

It would be huge job to convert to LHD, probably work out cheaper getting one shipped from the US.

Guest Majorcina

alex,i dunno how woud i handle with RHD bcs i drive very fast and when i wona overtake som1 i cant see till i get in other line :( i started my threat here bcs if i dont find a LHD i will buy 1 RHD from UK ;) btw can i get some tips guys? i am going to buy non turbo Supra (in my country there is none supra's so evry coment is useful)

Guest Majorcina

Ah,TT is not going to work for me bcs taxes here are so HIGH the 3.0 non turbo is alrdy 500e per year and TT woud be 700+ ah,fack dont know what to do pff

Drive RHD it's not as bad as everybody wants you to think it is. I do it every day here in Germany, no problems. ;)

That also depends on the infrastructure factor. Germany has a lot of motorways. This would make driving a RHD just as easy as driving a LHD one. The problem are the two lane roads, where overtaking can be a little more difficult if you don't have a passenger. But you can get used to it. I've also heard that there is special mirror that can be fitted in the car which can come in handy when overtaking.

Got you point but I'm driving two lane roads as much as Motorways and City and got no Problems with either of them. The only two things that suck are park decks and the Drive in where i have to bow over like an idiot or get out of the car ;)

p.s. Overtaking can be a little bit difficult but with the right technique no problem too :)

Guest Majorcina

Well in my country 95% of road is 2 lane and pasanger cant see with my eyes,so i dont rely on it,so definetly i woud need that miror :) so guys how Supra is?any problems abouth i shud know or smth?How much petrol 3.0 non turbo can use?

Guest Majorcina
Drive RHD it's not as bad as everybody wants you to think it is. I do it every day here in Germany, no problems. ;)

p.s. where are you from serbia?

Actualy i am from Montenegro,from Podgorica

Edited by Majorcina (see edit history)

That is not entirely true ;) There are NA LHD, but only US Spec :)

@Majorcina contact vanil on this forum. He does RHD to LHD convertions.

Ok i stay corrected but honestly for the Price of transferring a NA from the US to Europe including Shipping,, Taxes etc it doesn't really make sense for a NA ^^

As said two lane roads are no problem even without a Passenger but that's maybe only me. ^^

@Majorcina nice. I'm often in Belgrade do you know of more Supras in EX-SCG? :)

Guest Majorcina
Ok i stay corrected but honestly for the Price of transferring a NA from the US to Europe including Shipping,, Taxes etc it doesn't really make sense for a NA ^^

As said two lane roads are no problem even without a Passenger but that's maybe only me. ^^

@Majorcina nice. I'm often in Belgrade do you know of more Supras in EX-SCG? :)

There is none in Ex Yugoslavia,so i willl be the 1st Supra mklv ovner,i was thinking also to buy RHD and to instal camera in left miror with scren inside so i can see beter.What u think?

And no1 didnt yet told me more info's abouth Supra's bcs i dunno anything abouth them