The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mot fail

Guest hoochie

Guest hoochie

Hi guys. put supra in for mot. failed on lamba results. but emissions perfect. had new plugs and filter. n/aimport 1995. What can i do? im at a loss. use 95 unleaded also

Hi brendan. can you pm me with a price matey. how on earth did the emissions pass?

Can a mod move to technical i suppose?

AFAIK, NAs don't show on the MOT emissions database, so it's a generic level they have to get under and the level is rather high.

Guest hoochie

Thats what i thought josh. he tried 2 x fast idle tests and failed both! He also said about the sills as there covered by stock plastic bodywork. so know way of checking them!!

As said above, take it somewhere where they know what they are actually testing. Take it back and ask the tester to show you where it says 2JZ-GE on the emissions database. There isn't, so he must have put it down as a GTE. The correct way would be for it to fail the first BETS test then go into the database, as a non listed car, therefore default values. CO% 3.5 HC1200PPM...

Go back and slap that tester and demand a free retest or if you are anywhere near Basingstoke bring it to me and i'll do if for you!

Guest hoochie

Hi folks. different garage. passed no problems! Made a complaint to the original garage so waiting on the response..... i can see this being a wide spread problem. either the people using the analyasis equipment are at a loss when a car which isnt on the data base arrives! The garage who passed mine were unsure how to call up an unclassified car, it took 4 of them!