The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red Bull Homerun Milton Keynes 2011

Branners

Those who follow the club on twitter and facebook may have seen me mention my trip to Milton Keynes on Saturday.

Red Bull were doing a celebration of their championship win by running their F1 and Nascar cars up and down the town centre.

They closed off some major town centre roads for the whole day. I got there a bit too early so had to lounge about a bit in the cold, but it was worth it.

Here is my video of the cars.

[video=youtube;rhb7an7-CPQ]

That 'do a donut' kid at the start is just the best.

I might post up just that first vid with him in and see if I can make it go viral!!

And the supra relevence here is that I didnt take the supra, I actually took a train which shows the cost of fuel and parking has finally beaten me!!

I generally cannot justify the massive costs for an F1 weekend, so this was the only way to get near the cars. They dont quite get the intestines jiggling like a top fuel dragster at Pod, but it was still great to hear and feel the cars up close.

If I can track down tickets for Silverstone I might just go along the day after Suprapod, but chances are I will end up going karting instead.