The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello peoples!!

Guest Johnny A

Guest Johnny A

Hey, I haven't exactly bought a supra but I have bought myself a JDM 93' Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex which has the supra 2JZ-GTE lump :)

been a Vauxhall man previously and I still own two Carltons, but I was offered the Aristo at a price I couldn't resist!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376221_10151018591830214_816535213_22051884_2123839066_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386638_10151018591495214_816535213_22051881_1312984773_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/374880_10151018591665214_816535213_22051882_1448114922_n.jpg

It's had a few mods, a FCD, it's been delimited, is running 1 bar of boost via a bleed valve and has an exhaust system (I don't know the make but the previous owner says it's custom - however the pipes are coated mild steel, one piece and mandrel bent so I doubt that)

Only issues are a leaking heater matrix which has been bypassed and a misfire at 6k which I have yet to identify. The engine was only fitted in JDM Aristo's (a Lexus GS300 in the UK) so it's not common here in the UK, so I thought it best to join up to discuss engine work and modification. I also at some stage want a manual box for it so I have questions :blink:

Nice looking car. Love the VIP look on these...big expensive lipped alloys and slammed on air suspension.:cool:

But obviously the mod route will depend on the cars usage.

There is plenty of information on here mate, so try and use the search function as much as possible before posting up asking for answers. But apart from that wrlcome and keep us updated with your progress.:)

Guest Johnny A

Thank you, I am very tempted by the VIP style! I am not a bag fan but I have developed coilovers for my carltons that give me silly drops but still usable as a daily driver - might go down this route here.

Big wheels that require a roll and flare on the arches are a must!

Been doing many searches and am learning a lot about these engines, the only thing I am struggling with is manual gearbox options.

Guest Johnny A

Cheers for the welcome guys, I've tried 10 odd times to register on Club Aristo.net but the security code thing you enter never works!! I tried contacting admin for the site but again you need to pass the security code!

Manual boxes are scary expensive for the supra's! I can't see them getting cheaper either!

Guest Johnny A
where in Oxfordshire are you? Could maybe come and have a look at your missfire.

I live near the BMW Mini factory just off the ring road, so pretty central.

After reading many how-to BPU upgrades for the 2JZGTE engine I am fairly sure it's simply that the fuel pump isn't man enough for the job (pressure loss). However if you're looking for an excuse to meet up and talk about these awesome cars and their supra hearts then just say so :D

Youre registration issue should be sorted now

Just signed up now, no issues at all!!

Little update: Today was my first day I have worked on this car, first off the engine temp would barely register on the gauge so I removed the thermostat housing only to find that there wasn't one in there!!! I fitted a new one with a seal and the engine temp now sits perfectly at the half way mark :)

Any ideas why someone might remove the thermostat?

Anyways I also reconnected the heater matrix, it was bypassed ages ago by owners unknown. The previous owner told me it was bypassed due to it leaking but after seeing some pipework bodges and a missing thermostat I decided to find out for myself.

Well I am buggered if I can find a leak! Heater now works - nice and toasty :cool: