The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pink wheels - am I a wrong 'un?

jim

I've tried a few different wheel colours in the past, but always as a temporary thing in between the long term plan of all black.

I've got a leak in one of my black split rims (again) so they're coming off for repair. The five spoke ssr's that are going back on are currently black, but if I'm honest I miss them being pink. There's a black s13 with pink wheels that keeps catching my eye (it's one of the pics on my screen saver slide show). I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint the ssr's pink again, what I'm debating is maybe leaving them on permanently this time and selling the splits.

Any opinions? Is there something wrong with me lol?

Splits:

SSR's in pink:

SSR's in black:

S13:

Whenever I've mentioned it to mates that I was thinking of doing them pink again every single one's said no too lol. I agree that the black looks good but I just can't get the idea out if my head

its your car if you like it do it, at the end of the day its only a set of wheels, if you see the light at some point you can just re paint them :)

It already catches because the kit's low, if the ssr's go back on I'd be looking for some bigger profile tyres to fill the arches. It's on coilovers so I can go lower if I wanted but the sound of carbon scraping is like nails on a blackboard

pink wheels are cool, but you have to have a mad funky theme & kit to pull it off.

otherwise i think it just turns into the cars that the 18year olds have now, peugot 106 etc slammed to the floor with any colour wheel. and stickers everywhere.

its cool to have a shit car these days. (shit boxes that are just slammed with funky wheels)

heres an example how you go about having "lavish" wheels,

R magic RX7

but even that looks better with normal colour wheels...

http://www.jdmstyletuning.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/fdtld.jpg