The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brakes: upgrade from UK to K-Sport

Noz

I know various threads have compared the two different types, and results seem to say that they perform the same (given on size).

Was wondering if anyone had actually upgraded from Uk Spec brakes to K-Sport and felt any difference.

I would assume due to being similar in performance the change would have to be to a much larger set of brakes to warrent the purchase.

Random question I know :)

Have a search through the k sport thread that Paul did, there are a few people who have done this, when I spoke to Paul about it he said that Braking isnt improved massively, but braking feel is a lot better and with updated pads they would last longer on track days etc. but I had uk's with cw pads all round on mine and never had a problem even when I went single. Tbh there is probably better places to be spending the cash at the minute on yours, plenty of 700-800hp cars with uk's who have no issues.

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

read your review before mate, and was tempted to get some after reading this. until i have the vital components i need and am happy with everything running i was still undecided. id like bran spanking new ones and unless a cheap set pop up i still may be tempted when the time comes.