The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water pool in the spare wheel compartment! oh boy...

fastnfurious

was checking the spare wheel tire pressure yesterday and spotted a water pool causing some minor rust on the spare wheel lip, got this fixed with some sandpaper and quick-dry spray can. wonder how the water gets in as i've checked the glass rubber seal to be ok, taillamp rubber seal/grommet to be ok, weatherstrip to be ok, no watermark sign on the 1/4 rear window, wiper rubber seal to be ok, antenna rubber seal to be ok... did few rounds of garden hose test and water still gets in somehow, suspect it could be the aged weatherstrip as i've never replaced it before since 1995... any idea?

thanks guys, will try all those methods suggested and wish me luck in finding the leak point. :)

SupraManUK: original color is Blue (kinda dark tone, not too sure what's the actual color name for it)

The colour is called Storm Blue if you wanted to know, thanks very much hope you find the leak and its an easy fix !!