The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to try this and then hopefully will be able to keep the Supra

DodgyRog

Well I have decided to bite the bullet and bought another car to use for commuting and through the worst of the winter

I have been having a look around and decided on a Peugeot Diesel after a bit of research

I was thinking along the lines of a 306 2.0 HDi, apparently good for an average around the high 40's to 50 mpg

On the way to work yesterday I spotted a Passat Diesel Estate on an 04 plate for £1950 so gave him a call with a cheeky offer of £1500 which he rejected, but he came back at me with a Peugeot 406 Estate with only 120,000 miles on the clock for £1250 (10 months MOT and Taxed until March)

It's his wifes car and she wants the Passat, so I can have the Pug and she gets the Passat sorted

So I went and had a proper look at it tonight and all seems very good with the car, only problem is it's actually the 2.2 Diesel so a bit thirsty compared to the 306 (around mid to low 40's), but the little bit of extra power helps move the big Pug 406 Estate along well for a oil burner:d

It's going to feel really odd leaving my babe on the drive after 5 years driving it daily and totally hassle free motoring, but if it means I will get the chance to keep the Supra then it's worth driving an oil burner

The bonus will be the fact I should be able to keep the relatively new paint in a much better state now and when I do take her out for a run, it should feel quick again, I know it's an N/A:p

Hoping if this works out, that the TT transplant won't be such a problem now either

Anyway the obligatory photo, it's the GTX model, so well loaded with toys as well and a really nice colour too

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I actually started Carp fishing again in the summer and joined a Syndicate near by

I can just about get all my fishing gear in the Supra, but it just doesn't seem quite right going fishing in a Widebody Supra :innocent:and I have to be very careful driving across the fields to the lakes

This Pug will solve those problems and as if that isn't enough I now have loads of room to pick up Supra bits lol

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)