The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removable full boot install

listy

im soon to be starting my removable install. this will fill the whole boot, and come in two pieces. (need it removed so i can use the boot when we visit family.....new daily driver hasnt emerged yet)

i'll be using 2 x 16.5cm fli speakers (which match the two in the doors), 2 x 10" 900w fli subs, and a 950w fli 4 channel amp.

Have the wood, carpet, and perspex, just waiting on the noise to turn up before i start so i can work out where everything is going to go.

Will upgrade the wood to fibre glass when i have the money lying around.

Will keep evryone posted once i start the install build.

Also, any ideas/advice from anyone who has done this kind of thing before, would be well heard.

Done a couple now. This is my current one....

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Pics/Ice%20Install/Now/IMG_6448-1000.jpg

I also did one for a friend, I don't have any pictures of it. 2 Mono amps & 2 10" Alpine Type-R subs. Sounded like it would shatter windows that one :D

It came out in 3 parts though, rather than 2.

;)did you make it lie flat or angled with the boot sides? i was thinking of doing two triangular pieces, meeting low in the middle, with a sub and speaker on each side, and the amp slotting in the middle somehow.

or having it follow the boot edge, from the top of the seats, angled down toward the back of the car. thinking about it, three pieces may be easier ;)

as i said, need to wait for the sound makers to turn up before i decide anything solid

• 2 weeks later...
all done!!! il get pics up soon as i can. my camera makes the pics too 'big' for the site, so il use my phone tomorrow and upload them

Right click on the image, click "Edit". In paint click "Resize", click "Pixles" set horizontal to 1200 then click "OK". Save as a new image or edit the name to be Picturename1200 or something like that.

That's for win7.