The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra 'expert' needed near MK/Bucks

Jay

Hi Guys and girls,

In about 3 weeks time my newly imported TRD 3000GT will be ready for collection from Kent, and as it will be the first time i've seen the car, as well as the first time i've owned a Supra, i'm looking for someone to come with me and double check that everything is as it should be.

I'm happy to pay for that persons time spent helping me out, so if you think you fit the bill then please get in touch and we can sort something out.

Just really looking to make sure i'm not unwittingly driving off in a dog of a car that I am then stuck with because I 'took delivery'.

Any takers?

Cheers,

J

Seemed like the obvious choice to me too Terry, but Mr Green is notorious for being stacked with work and I thought it might be a bit beneath him to traipse over the countryside to help a fellow owner?

I'll give him a call anyway and see what he thinks, i'll be looking for someone local and reliable to use for servicing etc anyway.

Anyone else if that fails?

SOME IMPORTANT ADVICE

Ask about before you put your car in to anyones hands, if you dont want to fall on ya arse.

In My experience of Owning Supras since 1996...I'd stick with Toyota where possible it is a High Performance car that needs highly skilled technicians...if it fooks up at Toyota, Toyota will put it right if it fooks up at some of these 'back street' garages, they wont put it right, or if they do they'll fook it up even more.

For Tuning I been told Chris Wilson is the man and people are obviously prepaired to travel that far for good reasons !!!!!!though never used him, but is someone I havent heard nightmares about.

Follow your nose...be very weary of reccomendations.

Good Luck you are in Shark Infested Waters lol.

Si

:innocent:

Edited to add the last bit.

;)

if you PM my other half im sure he will be able to help, he owns 'kindell motors' in aylesbury. 'mark kindell' on the forum he/we own 2 supras and mark has worked on them on pretty much a daily basis for a few years now as does all 'sva' prep work servicing/repairs and mot's for a 2 local importers and other members on the forum....and of course ours:D

he rarely talks about it on the forum though due to there being so many out there now. but no problems and no come backs and no bad comments from other members who have used him so i think thats speaks for itself....kindell mtrs 01296 394696 ask for mark.

(just a suggestion)

Thanks to all that have replied, I have a number of options it seems :)

Donna, many thanks i'll try to reach Mark on monday, he wasnt there when i called just now (i dont know, these part-timers! ;))

I'd be very weary of using dealerships after the fiasco's I have had with my last three brand new cars, so I dont think i'll be bothering with Toyota if I can help it.

I know a little about engines etc, but I am SO excited about getting my car, that I really dont want anything to ruin it, so i'd rather be a little cautious and get it right from the start.

Any more suggestions are welcome :)

Cheers,

J

Soz about my Geography Jay...I completely forgot that Mark Kindell isn't that far from you otherwise I would of suggested him also.

Its a great shame we cant rely on Toyota these days.

I've been to Pinewood In Coulsden and they seem ok, though not extremely impressed, Mcarthy (now Jemca) in Croyden look after Oxy's car and he seems happy with them for general servicing...Sound like Mark Kindell is the Man....I got good vibes about him!

:cool:

Originally posted by Green Peace

Soz about my Geography Jay...I completely forgot that Mark Kindell isn't that far from you otherwise I would of suggested him also.

Its a great shame we cant rely on Toyota these days.

I've been to Pinewood In Coulsden and they seem ok, though not extremely impressed, Mcarthy (now Jemca) in Croyden look after Oxy's car and he seems happy with them for general servicing...Sound like Mark Kindell is the Man....I got good vibes about him!

:cool:

Hang on Si you just said take the car to Toyota !!!!

Now your saying dont !!! :conf:

Hows this for a scenario , BPU car with hybrids /walboro etc wont start could be fuel could be plugs , AA'd to main agent do you think youll get it back with a Walboro/FSE /Iridiums in it ??? dont think so . Unless you are really lucky Toyota dont have a clue about these cars , i get a regular call from toyota asking how this works etc , ive even had to go along to tell them why a certain items been changed and to top it all the receptionist from my local Main agent phoned the other day to ask if i could check a TT out for her boyfriend , another thing worth remembering is that it wasnt Toyota main agents that sold /serviced the TT , they had to be Lexus agents , you should really bear in mind Simon that the Moment you start modding a car and replacing parts with uprated items that any warranty etc goes out the window , go buy a new car , any make and put some tuning bits on it then take it back for a warranty claim .

Dude:flame Dev

I agree fully Dude... for simple oil service (if ya lazy) or if ya cars fairly stock then its ok, or if ya got a Toyota Extended warrenty with a UK spec otherwise you'll be throwing money away

But yeah first thing they are going to do prob is take out ya iridium sparkplugs and replace them with shite ones, put some window washer fluid in and charge you £15 for it, and wont have a clue in the scenario you mentioned.

Pinewoods been alright tbh, they had a really good old Glacian bloke who really understood Supras and tuning, and worked with it...but I think he moved to Jemca in Croyden...so I'm bit weary about going there since he left.

I still got probs with lack of boost on first turbo, it dosn't happen often, but when it does it's normally when I'm overtaking 12 cars on an A road....I wouldn't bother taking it to Toyota, coz as you say they'd just change the sparkplugs or something.

:D

Originally posted by Willson

Slightly off topic but........

For my mr2, Totota wanted to charge me £15 to replace 2 s/l bulbs !(which cost 84p from them!!).

And £170 to fit 2 new front pads and replace the brake fluid ! :blink:

The Robbers , id have only charged £169 !!!:D

Makes some of my prices look positively outstanding :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev