The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller Question

Noz

Morning all.

I have a HKS not so recent boost controller.

Im looking for just over 9psi. I have 2 wastegate springs for this option, I have a 5psi and a 8psi. Really, I'd like to use the 5psi for low boost, and increase it with the controller to the desired pressure.

Is increasing by 4psi alot? I thought I read that typically, boost controller can increase the boost by around twice the wastegate spring. I thought I had a 7psi spring, and going to 9psi wouldn't be an issue, but further inspection I can only find a 5psi and 8psi. 8psi is a bit high to use all the time IMO. The car isn't a daily driver, but I still don't want that high if I can get away with it.

This may be obvious and with no issues, I'm just questioning everything that may go wrong or any product limitations as Im not fully aware of boost limitations and equipment used with it.

Im a boost newbie so hopefully someone can help.

Heres some shots just for information what controller Im using (someone might have experience with it, can't seem to find any serial on it though this may not be even releavent)

Thanks

Edited by Noz (see edit history)