The mkiv Supra Owners Club

howzitgon

Guest jimo62

hi all, just joined and have been looking for a nice mk4 supra...ive seen a few manual n/a on ebay , pistonheads and autotrader...prices are from £2000ono - £3200 1993 -95 models...can anyone give me some advise on what to look out for....oh i am in sidcup kent....cheers ;)

There is a whole guide on here of what to look for...........but with an NA I would be as picky as I could about the bodywork and the suspension. If you get one that's cosmetically good and that rides well with no clunks, bangs or knocks from the suspension then the chances are you won't go far wrong. The engines and gearboxes on NA's tend to be trouble free and if you get a rare dodgy one you can get complete engines for sub £300. However the car has the same suspension wishbones as the TT and these can be over £300 EACH.........hence why I stress the importance of this area.

Also personally i'd get one with ABS and try to get one with a LSD, neither of these were standard on (early) NA's but a fair number had them as added options from new.

There is a whole guide on here of what to look for...........but with an NA I would be as picky as I could about the bodywork and the suspension. If you get one that's cosmetically good and that rides well with no clunks, bangs or knocks from the suspension then the chances are you won't go far wrong. The engines and gearboxes on NA's tend to be trouble free and if you get a rare dodgy one you can get complete engines for sub £300. However the car has the same suspension wishbones as the TT and these can be over £300 EACH.........hence why I stress the importance of this area.

Also personally i'd get one with ABS and try to get one with a LSD, neither of these were standard on (early) NA's but a fair number had them as added options from new.

cheers for that....lsd...thats no a drug is it...lol....well ive spotted a 95 car...its up at £3100....oh when was the face lift and what were the changes....;)

cheers for that....lsd...thats no a drug is it...lol....well ive spotted a 95 car...its up at £3100....oh when was the face lift and what were the changes....;)

i have just read the pdf on here...about different models..good read...