The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo timer and alarm systems

antno

I've got a cobra alarm system and unless i unplug my turbo timer the alarm will go off. i think its' because its still wired to the ignition. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an early hks turbo timer. i suspect that turbo times are wired up the same. Also do the newer turbo timers disconnect from the ignition circuit once they have run and allow the alarm to immobilise it?

cheers antno

i know most of time but worth it for the times you are late and you give it death all the way there then have to leave her while she cherry red.:D

also i noticed before i disconnected the turbo timer the revs at idle were hunting quite a bit. i thought it was because of the map on my f con but when i disconnected the turbo timer it seemed to have cured it. havernt had a chance to get her warm on road test as ive got the diff out. any ideas? i think there must be somthing not wire up correctly

cheers antno

Edited by antno (see edit history)

i know most of time but worth it for the times you are late and you give it death all the way there then have to leave her while she cherry red.:D

Even then, you won't be giving it death into the carpark, turbos on song. As long as you have 20-30 seconds with the car not screaming it's nuts off you will be fine.

If you get caught with a turbo timer in use you will be fined also. Useless things that people buy because other people buy them lol. I have one built into my alarm, it's been used once to test it.

Even then, you won't be giving it death into the carpark, turbos on song. As long as you have 20-30 seconds with the car not screaming it's nuts off you will be fine.

If you get caught with a turbo timer in use you will be fined also. Useless things that people buy because other people buy them lol. I have one built into my alarm, it's been used once to test it.

fair enuf. mite aswell get rid of it then but ill still have understand why its causing the alarm to go off other wise it will just piss me off

fair enuf. mite aswell get rid of it then but ill still have understand why its causing the alarm to go off other wise it will just piss me off

It's trying to circumvent the security of the alarm system. The alarm doesn't know that there is a turbo timer in place, it is simply sensing that the wiring isn't as it should be and assuming that there is an attempted theft in progress.

It's trying to circumvent the security of the alarm system. The alarm doesn't know that there is a turbo timer in place, it is simply sensing that the wiring isn't as it should be and assuming that there is an attempted theft in progress.

cheers. apart from fitting a switch to turn of the turbo timer when i want to set the alarm, is there any other way around it. normally this alarm works with turbo timers, after they have run down.

also any ideas why its causing my idle to hunt.

cheers