The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo! Im a Supra owner at last!

paulfurn

Well, after nearly 9 months of waiting my Supra is finally here.

She is a 1997 RZ-S Twin Turbo :)

I am so unbelievably happy at the moment, I dont really think I can put it into words; I think Im in love. :D

I drove until 3am around the motorways last night, I just didnt want to stop!

I could not believe how easy she felt to drive (okay I had the RLTC on "wet" lol) and the pull is un-be-fucking-lievable.

Absolutely made up!

My importer - Julian of Japanese Direct Imports has been quality over the last few months. We had problems getting her over as the ship she was on broke down and had to towed back to port, and she was delayed for nearly two months as that created a large backlog at which we were at the bottom. Nevertheless he was most helpful at a very worrying time, to the point of arranging alternative transport that wouldve seen him out of pocket. A nice gesture I thought. Thankully it didnt come to that though. Nice guy, and very helpful; highly recommended IMHO :thumbs:

Also need to say a massive THANK YOU to Matt Harwood, Mark Curd and all the guys at Sextons for doing much electrical work on the car before I picked her up. The quality of the work is absolutely superb. I asked for A LOT to be done, and not once did they give the impression that I was a PITA despite phone calls and long emails. The fact Im in the north west and they are in Kent couldve meant they just got the car out the way quickly and shirked on jobs but not so. The reason I wanted it to go there was because of their excellent repuatation and this has just gone to show why. Absolutely brilliant.

For one example, I had RLTC fitted, and they made the RLTC switch flush in the dashboard. They couldve just left it free, but didnt! Its the little things like that you notice! Then there is the headunit, speakers and sub, all top notch work.

A special thank you must go to Matt Harwood though, as he gave me loads of advice on speakers/amps/subs etc, to which I am a total numpty, plus responding to my incessent emails when frankly he didnt have to bother. Thank you Matt. :)

Anyway, I know this thread is worthless without pictures, so here they are.

http://www.1myby1.myby.co.uk/supra/

And my fave at the moment:

http://www.1myby1.myby.co.uk/supra/images/DSC00272_JPG.jpg

WOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks very much for the kind words guys. :thumbs:

All I can say is "wow".

Definitely worth the wait!

LOL @ CJ!!

Matt - no worries mate, you guys deserve it, Im gobsmacked!

Kopite - The M62? Moi? hehehe :innocent:

Jake - she's a manual :) and to be honest I cant believe its taken this long either, but I joined last year initially to get information prior to a purchase, then went for one in Jan. Been waiting ever since, but its worth it!

Still beaming today, woke up and couldnt beleive it actually sitting outside my house.

Pete - Im still paranoid as hell about the plague (bizzies), have got a Snooper to fit still so that may help a wee bit, but dont really want to get into that position TBH, cheers for the heads-up though mate :)

eldudereno - She was just under 15k all in; I know I paid probably a bit more than I should, but the car is in essence more or less perfect (well, Ive yet to find any major probs!) and at least I know by paying top dollar Im getting a decent example.

We did discuss about going for a BPU'd example, e.g. I had a T04r offered to me, though after discussions with Julian and PM's from board members (Alex H - thanks m8) I decided best not to do so, especially for my first. As such went for a standard example with nice wheels that I can do subtle mods to myself.

Now just itching to get out of work to drive her again!

I know its getting repetitive me saying this, but thanks for the comments guys :)

Originally posted by paulfurn

Thanks very much for the kind words guys. :thumbs:

All I can say is "wow".

Definitely worth the wait!

LOL @ CJ!!

Matt - no worries mate, you guys deserve it, Im gobsmacked!

Kopite - The M62? Moi? hehehe :innocent:

Jake - she's a manual :) and to be honest I cant believe its taken this long either, but I joined last year initially to get information prior to a purchase, then went for one in Jan. Been waiting ever since, but its worth it!

Still beaming today, woke up and couldnt beleive it actually sitting outside my house.

Pete - Im still paranoid as hell about the plague (bizzies), have got a Snooper to fit still so that may help a wee bit, but dont really want to get into that position TBH, cheers for the heads-up though mate :)

eldudereno - She was just under 15k all in; I know I paid probably a bit more than I should, but the car is in essence more or less perfect (well, Ive yet to find any major probs!) and at least I know by paying top dollar Im getting a decent example.

We did discuss about going for a BPU'd example, e.g. I had a T04r offered to me, though after discussions with Julian and PM's from board members (Alex H - thanks m8) I decided best not to do so, especially for my first. As such went for a standard example with nice wheels that I can do subtle mods to myself.

Now just itching to get out of work to drive her again!

I know its getting repetitive me saying this, but thanks for the comments guys :)

car looks nice mate. good example very wise going for a standard one first although i probably would have gone with the to4r as ive had high power rear wheel drive cars before and now realising how much money im spending to get it how i want it