The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your biggest supra regret

The Raven

While laying under my supra yesterday a huge drop of gearbox fluid hit me in the eye, at that point i started to wonder why i ever sold my UK spec. It was clean, fast, rare, smooth. Now im spending most weekends ripping the guts out of my N/A to try and get the power back.

So i would say that would be my biggest supra regret was selling my uk spec car

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying a pre-built single turbo rather than a stock TT - was interesting finding all the unknowns on it.

Like the t-shirt being used to block the heater vent behind the dash which the HKS boost controller sat in.

Or the stereo wire that was tied together with choc-blocks as he hadn't got a long enough cable in the first place.

Or finding bilsteins on the rear, standard shocks on the front.

Unless you've got a very well documented build thread on the forum, lots of photographic proof and built by reputable members/traders - be wary.

Buying a pre-built single turbo rather than a stock TT - was interesting finding all the unknowns on it.

Like the t-shirt being used to block the heater vent behind the dash which the HKS boost controller sat in.

Or the stereo wire that was tied together with choc-blocks as he hadn't got a long enough cable in the first place.

Or finding bilsteins on the rear, standard shocks on the front.

Unless you've got a very well documented build thread on the forum, lots of photographic proof and built by reputable members/traders - be wary.

Aaaaaaammmen to that brother.

Aaaaaaammmen to that brother.

To top it off it was an ex-turbofit car! To go from an unmodified/unmolested NA 5-spd which i'd replaced arms, shocks and brakes on to that was... interesting.

Happily Whifbitz twin WG manifold, fuelling and various other bits being fitted by Paul this/next week, so hoping just to receive a 'we're all done everything's good' call mid-next week :)

And Ryan just fitted my S6 to the car so SRR later on this month.

My luck now is it'll snow on the way home!

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

Exactly what puts me buying a pre-built car

Yep, I was younger/more idiotic back then, so I'll hold my hands up that I rushed into it.

There are some pre-built cars I'd buy with threads off this forum - I'd trust cars that'd been worked on a lot by Paul/Ryan/Lee and such I think, with an inspection by them!

I don't really have one, got the exact car I wanted and it's been faultless in the year so far. When I get my own place next couple of years I am getting another that I will mod to death as I want to keep the uk spec standard. Sounds a bit gay but I don't want to molest it :)

While laying under my supra yesterday a huge drop of gearbox fluid hit me in the eye, at that point i started to wonder why i ever sold my UK spec. It was clean, fast, rare, smooth. Now im spending most weekends ripping the guts out of my N/A to try and get the power back.

So i would say that would be my biggest supra regret was selling my uk spec car

Your ex-supra could be back if you pay the good price:eyebrows:

Not a regret. But biggest almost regret. Crashed my uk and while it was being repaired saw an unfinished single track car project. So took a punt. It has/had some teething problems but now is drivable every day if I wanted. But far from finished.

But now Over the past 6 months iv spent a lot of money I should have spent on credit card bills, or having both showers in our house fixed. Instead I have a uk spec running roughly and with a dead battery that hasn't moved off the drive for 3 months but with full interior and perfect paintwork and a single turbo with a few dents and in desperate need of a polish with only half an interior..

I'll get there in the end!

Not a regret. But biggest almost regret. Crashed my uk and while it was being repaired saw an unfinished single track car project. So took a punt. It has/had some teething problems but now is drivable every day if I wanted. But far from finished.

But now Over the past 6 months iv spent a lot of money I should have spent on credit card bills, or having both showers in our house fixed. Instead I have a uk spec running roughly and with a dead battery that hasn't moved off the drive for 3 months but with full interior and perfect paintwork and a single turbo with a few dents and in desperate need of a polish with only half an interior..

I'll get there in the end!

Should of kept the uk and put a single on it, sorry to rub it in.

I don't really have any regrets as such, there are a few things that with hindsight I would have done differently. If I could have every penny and hour I've spent on my car back, and have the car back to the way it was when I got it, I could do the whole lot again and have a fair whack of each left over. Not really a regret as such as it's always going to be a learning curve, but I wouldn't mind some spare cash at the moment :D