The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Alarm Recommendations

Abz

I am fitting a new alarm to the Supra & thought it would be good idea to get some recommendations.

I don't have a huge budget (£300-400 inc fitting) but have a couple of requirements.

* Has to have full closure (so closes the windows on lock)

* Ideally after a remote start facility (bear also in mind mine is a manual too)

Also a recommendation of fitters would be good too.

Thanks in advance.

My advice FWIW is find an installer that you trust and go with the brand that they reccomend. Most of the systems these days are technologically similar in their comparable price bracket so it comes down to who you trust to fit the hardware really.

I was hoping people can put some recommendations for this as well, I don't personally know of any installers.

Though you have raised a valid point as in London you have many 'alarm fitters' but I need someone who is very good.

Was my suggestion a dead end?

I have texted him a few times & he hasn't got back to me since his first text :(

I like my viper 500 XV pages me when theres an impact or break in.. Loads of cool add ons etc and you cant get it fitted and supplied within your budget :)

I usesd a company off ebay

Thanks Malcolm, I personally prefer not to have a pager, I'd like a nice simple remote.

The viper units do look good, any common problems you have with yours?

I have a clifford concept 950 with remote start. I dont have full closure but it has plenty of ports for add on's. Had it 4 years now and has never gave me any problems. Im sure i paid about £800 for mine with the fitting. But you can get 450 or 650 for around your budget and they will be just as good. If you buy direct from clifford on there website they will send a qualified clifford installer round to your house or work place and set it up for you.