The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lud328

Hi to all. I've just got the Supra that I've always wanted. Bought, well prised, really from a friend. Original UK Twin Turbo in Silver with Beige leather interior. Completely standard with no modifications at all.

Serviced religiously every 12 months and just covered 50,000 miles when I picked it up. Never seen rain until I brought it up North.

My mates Wife had only ever been in it 6 or 7 times during all those years and he even made her take her shoes off before she was allowed to get in it. How he got away with that I'll never know. Anyway, fabulous car, drives and looks like new. I had to sell my 911 (996) to be able to buy it, which I'd had for 6 years and do you know what.....

I don't miss the Porsche one little bit, the Supra is amazing and not as common making it something really special. Performance wise it's every bit as quick and more enjoyable to drive, plus those looks just blow me away. Anyway that's it, I'll try and post a photo.

SUP9.jpg

SUP3.jpg

Thanks for the welcome DNK and all the other welcomes as wll.

What a friendly bunch you all are. I didn't expect a response so quickly.

Look forward to joining an event or meet sometime.

The car is the Auto version.

Cheers to the Supra MkIV Owner's Club...

Hi David Welcome to the club !! All these low mileage UK gems seem to be coming out of the woodwork now, everyone is feeling the pinch and people are having to get rid of these brilliant toys becuase they can't justify keeping them because they hardly ever get used :)

We have a register on this club in the members section were we try to keep track of how many UK supras are left of the orginial 623 that were sold. When you become a member you can visist this thread via the link in my signature below or you can PM your details if you like and I will do it for you.

Info required is:

Reg No (not shown in register)

Date of first registration

Transmission - You said Auo

Colour - I see its silver

Mileage - You said 50,000

Comment (any thing you want to say possibly somethin unique about your supra)

Hi ABZ,

The Porsche was a cracking car, don't get me wrong, but after 6 years I got bored with it. It was always costing money and every time you went out in it you worried what it might cost again. Leave it for 10 days and the battery would be flat. Cost me around 14K over the 6 years keeping up on the maintenance.

The older air cooled Porsches are better. Mine being a 996 water cooled was made to a budget to make Porsche profitable and you can tell. The seats, fittings, everything is

made to a price and the quality has gone.

The Supra on the other hand was totally over engineered for the time and has fabulous quality detailing and fittings. Nothing cheap and nasty here.

Also I love the looks, the performance, the rarity and I like being the minority rather than the majority.

The Supra blows me away, it has a je ne s'ais pas, that I can't explain. Bit like when I first met my Wife and thought she was the one I always wanted.

The Porsche was temporary, the Supra is here to stay....

Hi ABZ,

The Porsche was a cracking car, don't get me wrong, but after 6 years I got bored with it. It was always costing money and every time you went out in it you worried what it might cost again. Leave it for 10 days and the battery would be flat. Cost me around 14K over the 6 years keeping up on the maintenance.

The older air cooled Porsches are better. Mine being a 996 water cooled was made to a budget to make Porsche profitable and you can tell. The seats, fittings, everything is

made to a price and the quality has gone.

The Supra on the other hand was totally over engineered for the time and has fabulous quality detailing and fittings. Nothing cheap and nasty here.

Also I love the looks, the performance, the rarity and I like being the minority rather than the majority.

The Supra blows me away, it has a je ne s'ais pas, that I can't explain. Bit like when I first met my Wife and thought she was the one I always wanted.

The Porsche was temporary, the Supra is here to stay....

Wow :)

You sir are now hooked, welcome aboard.

Hi David Welcome to the club !! All these low mileage UK gems seem to be coming out of the woodwork now, everyone is feeling the pinch and people are having to get rid of these brilliant toys becuase they can't justify keeping them because they hardly ever get used :)

We have a register on this club in the members section were we try to keep track of how many UK supras are left of the orginial 623 that were sold. When you become a member you can visist this thread via the link in my signature below or you can PM your details if you like and I will do it for you.

Info required is:

Reg No (not shown in register)

Date of first registration

Transmission - You said Auo

Colour - I see its silver

Mileage - You said 50,000

Comment (any thing you want to say possibly somethin unique about your supra)

Just in case you missed it :D