The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter is the time for modding! Your 2012 Upgrades?

JamieP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the GTR bug got to a few people, but there is def going to be some nice builds being completed next year. Jay's is gonna be immense, and Rob Mitchell's looks like it's gonna be special. Johnny's is def gonna be special as a VVTi build, hopefully these and more can inspire some more people back into the fold

Lets hear about these mods then :)

I think the GTR bug got to a few people, but there is def going to be some nice builds being completed next year. Jay's is gonna be immense, and Rob Mitchell's looks like it's gonna be special. Johnny's is def gonna be special as a VVTi build, hopefully these and more can inspire some more people back into the fold

Yeah some nice cars coming, Im very much looking forward to seeing jays build finished, gonna be a while yet though, they are going to town on that car.

Ive gone off the GTR's myself, cant see me ever getting one.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Lets hear about these mods then :)

Yeah some nice cars coming, Im very much looking forward to seeing jays build finished, gonna be a while yet though, they are going to town on that car.

Ive gone off the GTR's myself, cant see me ever getting one.

Yeah, it's gonna be special.

Have you got any different plans next year?

Mine is just to drive it and enjoy!! lol

Yeah, it's gonna be special.

Have you got any different plans next year?

Mine is just to drive it and enjoy!! lol

Not much left to do now tbh Amir, I dont want any more power, if parts fail i may go bigger though, id only go bigger turbo if i was going stroker i think, the car has been in the baldy's bodyshop for the last week getting a few bits touched up, going to pick it up tomorrow morning and very much looking forward to that, i cant put my foot down though, Lee put some bigger wastegate springs in it as i could not get any more than 2.2bar boost from it, I now i need Ryan to play with my boost settings, i think he is going to pop over tomorrow.

I built a garage to store her in now she is getting on a bit, im going to spend the weekend kitting that out with a new workbench etc.

I'm still not 100% on how far to go with mine.

You should have been a woman mate, make ya mind up :D

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

gonna try to get in the mid 11's next year (I know thats not impressive but just my goal)

so over the winter sending the car to lee to sort the clutch/flywheel and look at the gearbox making sure it will good for next year.

then the plan is

fit the line lock

buy the drag wheels

make headlight intake

the rest will depend on what funds are like

aiming to do weight reduction next year before any more power

lexan rear and side windows

glass fibre doors

back seat delete

carbon bonnet and boot would be nice but cant see it next year after that.

gonna try to get in the mid 11's next year (I know thats not impressive but just my goal)

so over the winter sending the car to lee to sort the clutch/flywheel and look at the gearbox making sure it will good for next year.

then the plan is

fit the line lock

buy the drag wheels

make headlight intake

glass fibre doors

back seat delete

Sounds good Lee, 11's is still a fast car mate, only a handful of cars around here that can do that.

then the plan is

fit the line lock

buy the drag wheels

make headlight intake

glass fibre doors

back seat delete

Nice list you have there bud

My car is in the bodyshop too, hopefully I will have some photos of its progress next week. The car is in getting a full re-spray in 202, painting the endless brakes red, painting wheels = black lip and gunmetal centre, new carbon fiber bonnet, cobra Misano lux seats and a full interior trim with black alcantara and black leather to match the Cobra seats..! I am also upgrading my speakers and installing a subwoofer that’ I’ve had in the house for ages now.

Next will be new suspension and wheels to improve handling so it will better match my driving style and terrain.

Why you u-turned on the GT-R Jamie?

The forum has been really dead lately everyone seems to get jittery every winter!

I dont want to ever sell the supra and spending GTR money on another toy for myself is just selfish, id rather spend the money on giving my three girls a good life, holidays etc.

cheers lads

out of interest jamie was it you that was going to go for lexan side windows then someone said there not very good if you have them half down?

Not me mate, i only wanted the rear screen although i may change that back to glass soon, lexan looks naff after a very short while and i like my car looking mint.

ar never mind it was long time ago now might not of even been on here but think someone said they can blow out :( (just the side ones)

edit found it http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248880-JamieP-s-Black-Beast-(update-1132bhp-amp-840ftlb-at-hubs)/page23&highlight=lexan+glass

Edited by leet45single (see edit history)