The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone use competition clutch stage 4

chazuk

I have the exact clutch mate!!

Yep its stiff like most I powered clutches.. I had a small ach in my lower right side of my back for a few days but it looses up a little.. Or Im just used to it now.. Juddering? Maybe apply more revs.. It needs some revs as it grips like a moe foe!

I hope it gets a little bit softer then , Iam used to stiff but not a full leg work out at the gym after moving it around probably 12 ups and downs and leg is hurting :-) how many revs would you pull away at mate ?

yep i have stage 4 and flywheel it does judder if you dont give it plenty of revs as the clutch dosent like being sliped it more designed for drag start. i give mine just under 3 thousand revs and it stop the judder and move of smoothly. You might also get it on down shift aswell(i get it most in 3rd&4th) but that can be canceled out by heel and toe. As for the heavy bit i didnt find mine any more heavy then stock to be honest. It will get much better after about 1000 or so miles just needs to be run in gently.

I run a stage 4 with lightened flywheel on my na and I get no juddering and the pedal is lighter than stock! Just need to get used to the quick bite and it's a great setup! Use more revs tho ;)

I think the na competition clutches are different to the tt 6speeds ?

yep i have stage 4 and flywheel it does judder if you dont give it plenty of revs as the clutch dosent like being sliped it more designed for drag start. i give mine just under 3 thousand revs and it stop the judder and move of smoothly. You might also get it on down shift aswell(i get it most in 3rd&4th) but that can be canceled out by heel and toe. As for the heavy bit i didnt find mine any more heavy then stock to be honest. It will get much better after about 1000 or so miles just needs to be run in gently.

If it stays like that then I wasted 950 on a clutch I can not live with that I'd have to go for one of these tripple plates

What power are you running?

Not on the road yet but I do have a rather long drive way I can get 2nd gear ,maybe I just need to bed it in on a long journey when its finished , I guess power will be somewhere fom 550-650. Another thing I have thought of is doing the NA-6 speed clutch slave cylinder upgrade anyone done this is it much different?

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Mine feels light as stock, do suffer abit of judder when pulling off though when i dont give i enough revs but can easily overcome that. All in all i think its a pretty decent clutch, feels pretty tough! :)

If we have the same clutch then there is something defiantly wrong with mine as its far from light as stock clutch :-( I installed it myself trying to think what I could of done wrong but its pretty straight forward .

If we have the same clutch then there is something defiantly wrong with mine as its far from light as stock clutch :-( I installed it myself trying to think what I could of done wrong but its pretty straight forward .

I doubt you would have done any thing wrong i fitted mine myself and it fairly simple thing to do not to much can be done wrong. Did you tighten the pressure plate bolts in the corect order as shown in the manual? Did you grease the thrust bearing and spline shaft?

How do you folk live with such clutches? I wouldn't put up with a juddery clutch on a single seater, let alone a road car. My triple plate drives exactly like a stock clutch, no judder, no heavy pedal, the wife drives it and never so much as notices anything odd about it.

I dont like it to be honest Chris but it what i have for the moment. When i go single i will be swaping it out for a double or triple plate.

I doubt you would have done any thing wrong i fitted mine myself and it fairly simple thing to do not to much can be done wrong. Did you tighten the pressure plate bolts in the corect order as shown in the manual? Did you grease the thrust bearing and spline shaft?

Yup I did all that to the book , I do get a clicking noise aswell at the bottom of the clutch . I am going to do the na-6spd clutch cylinder upgrade it wont hurt its only £60-70.