The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler less?

Hollands

If there aren't any marks on your boot i'd be very supprised

I recently removed mine but i have a black car and used black grommets which you hardly notice.

Heres how mine looked, if you really want the spoilerless look then welding up the holes is a must, but

obviously your then into re painting the tailgate.

I'd have thought £200 would get the job done so not to bad

dunks%20car%20002.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I can't comment on the appearance after removal as mine never had a spoiler but I would keep it, if it's stock, as you're bound to change your mind someday. I'd buy one with no spoiler if that's what you want. There's definitely a wow factor when you see that arch coming the other way though. It gives the car an exotic look without being OTT and does obviously have a function.

Spoilerless, there's a more understated look but something definitely missing from behind, given the tight 'pinch' of the rear end. The stock spoiler completes the car.

To hide the holes, perhaps fit a lower level spoiler and see what you think of that before filling them? Something like this?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?255287-New-design-low-level-boot-spoiler/page3

I can't comment on the appearance after removal as mine never had a spoiler but I would keep it, if it's stock, as you're bound to change your mind someday. I'd buy one with no spoiler if that's what you want. There's definitely a wow factor when you see that arch coming the other way though. It gives the car an exotic look without being OTT and does obviously have a function.

Spoilerless, there's a more understated look but something definitely missing from behind, given the tight 'pinch' of the rear end. The stock spoiler completes the car.

To hide the holes, perhaps fit a lower level spoiler and see what you think of that before filling them? Something like this?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?255287-New-design-low-level-boot-spoiler/page3

nah.. the oem spoiler doesn't always need to be there to complete the car.. :p

You can definetly get some small rubber gromets to fill the holes temporarily while you decide. You will be left with marks when its removed but they can be cleaned up with a good polish, not t cut :) Depending on the colour of your car you might still be left with a ring of slightly different coloured paint which a machine polish would sort out.

That looks nice dnk! Any really bad marks that a bit of t cut can't almost hide? I don't want to weld up the holes until I'm sure I like it! So i just want to waterproof the boot with some kind of caps for now, I love the spoiler less look :)

Thanks mate, what colours your car ? you could always put tape over the holes !

There are plenty of marks on my tailgate that t-cut wont shift, it needs a re paint to be honest but i've bought

a spare tailgate so will swap them over and sort it out over the winter.

IMG_8333.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

If there aren't any marks on your boot i'd be very supprised

I recently removed mine but i have a black car and used black grommets which you hardly notice.

Heres how mine looked, if you really want the spoilerless look then welding up the holes is a must, but

obviously your then into re painting the tailgate.

I'd have thought £200 would get the job done so not to bad

Car looks nice, but so does the pond, is it yours? Natural or dug? I am under pressure to do a pond next year... ;)

Halfords sell the grommets for a couple of quid bud, you'll need four for the bolt holes but you'll also be left with two square holes where the locating pins were, I couldn't find anything for these so just taped them up. Ibrar has been working on a spoiler similar to Marc's but extended to cover the holes. You also need to ditch the rear wiper to complete the look.

It's blue

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142486[/ATTACH]

Wheels are going on very soon (gun metal rota gtrs I think)

Definitely going to take the spoiler off after seeing those pics :)

certain cars look so much better de wing, but youve got a lovely uk spec there and it would be a crime to remove it! the spoiler is like te trademark of the car! keep it man ;)

Halfords sell the grommets for a couple of quid bud, you'll need four for the bolt holes but you'll also be left with two square holes where the locating pins were, I couldn't find anything for these so just taped them up. Ibrar has been working on a spoiler similar to Marc's but extended to cover the holes. You also need to ditch the rear wiper to complete the look.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/evilbeemer/299a8222.jpg

I will say, yours is one of the best this side of the pond to pull off the complete despoilered look, it's balanced with the kit and just looks SO right!

Halfords sell the grommets for a couple of quid bud, you'll need four for the bolt holes but you'll also be left with two square holes where the locating pins were, I couldn't find anything for these so just taped them up.

confused about the holes for the locating pins. I dont remember seeing those when I had my spoiler removed and had grommets. Just 4 holes were left and I didnt need any sticky tape. Do you have a close up of the holes for the locating pings?