The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car cover

drift_bear

Just done a quick search and couldnt find anything usefull, since the weather up here is starting to turn and get really cold/wet/awfull, does anyone know where i can get a car cover from that will fit my supra? its not stock bodied so i was thinking it would need to be quite large, it has do-luck front, trial rear with a TRD spoiler.

any info/websites would be great!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Page, I just got that one, still wating on it to arrive

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?246585-TRD-Car-cover&highlight=trd+car+cover

thats the thread that i came across when i first searched lol, im starting to think that i would need to go for a TRD size just to be able to cover the whole thing perfect.

edit - this looks like it could fit http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_565253_langId_-1_categoryId_165611

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

thats the thread that i came across when i first searched lol, im starting to think that i would need to go for a TRD size just to be able to cover the whole thing perfect.

edit - this looks like it could fit http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_565253_langId_-1_categoryId_165611

I got the outdoor Aldi one XL , fits an A6 10 pound around and then the one above so between the 2 they should cover her

I shall be getting the Halfords large cover next week but think i shall have to remove

the TRD wing/spoiler for it to fit.

i seen in your thread dnk that mvplayer bout the halfords one, so ive pm'd him asking how it fits and etc. will ask him to post up about the fitments and etc

if i could find somewhere to store her, then i would be doing that instead but theres just none available unless you pay stupid money :(

Indoor dehuminified place about 50 mins from me, 60euro a month

I was thinking 2 car covers in my aunts secure parking place , save me 300 euro to store it over the winter

Still between two minds what to do

I had a halfrauds xl cover didnt fit my car and that had bomex kit and standard spoiler

I brought one like this and it fits perfect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-93-02-Outdoor-Fitted-Car-Cover-/310352640045?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item484275782d

I bought one of these for my Smart Fortwo and will be getting one for the Supra. Very lightweight and a perfect fit with a storage bag and mirror pockets, as per Porsche photo. Wide body will probably only raise the skirt a little, ooer!

Edited by Morpheus
typo (see edit history)

I want a Car Cover this winter as well, I was thinking of taking the TRD spoiler off and getting one for an Aston Martin or Jaguar.

I reckon that they must be bigger than a Wide Arch Supe

I know that sat next to eachother, an XKR is huge but I'd still go for a ChartOneAuto. An important thing to consider is scratching whilst fitting and these are very light and easy.

I know that sat next to eachother, an XKR is huge but I'd still go for a ChartOneAuto. An important thing to consider is scratching whilst fitting and these are very light and easy.

I need to go into Exeter tomorrow, so I think I will pop into the Aston Martin/Jaguar sales place and see what they suply to there customers............be interesting to find out how much the rich Aston owners are willing to pay:blink:

Jazz and I both have http://www.carcoon.co.uk for our Supras and they both have a TRD wing.

A great investment - its like putting your supra in a time capsule

I was reading through, and was going to say a carcoon would be a much better idea, more pricey but can be got for good prices used on ebay. Trouble with covers is that you really need a good quality one, i wouldnt say a halfords one. Needs to fit properly, be softly lined inside and can be tied down securly. You need to make sure that its only covered up when completely clean to stop dirt scratching it underneath. Most, supras do have soft paint as well. I was at the owners house this week who's 430 i have just done, and he has bought a large car length rectangular tent with filters and fans at either end like the carcoon style, looked good.

ive got a really good one for sale that was tailor made for a wingless supra from the states, its brand new and never used (just tried on once to see how it fitted and it fitted like a savile row suit!), red in colour, ill find out a few more details if anyone is intrested, its an outdoor cover btw, got it to cover the car when i was building my house but got a spot in a garage so never ended up needing it! cost me a forture from what i remember but have to say it is top quality tbh!