The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Trinidad

GTR Fever

Hey guys and gals,

Joined yesterday and thought I'd say an official hello today. I'm from Trinidad in the Caribbean and recently bought a MK4 Supra N/A and auto. By the way, these cars are rare here, only about 10 in the country and its illegal to import any more because we have a STUPID age restriction for imports so you could only imagine the high prices owners call for them.

Anyways, I did a TT swap on it but maintained the automatic. Have some minor mods done to it such as

FMIC,

Bosch fuel pump,

Greddy intake,

Tial BOV,

TT supra suspension (Bilstein),

Greddy Nur spec exhaust,

Greddy Boost controller,

Mishimoto rad/ hoses/ tranny cooler

18" staggered wheels (265/35 rear and 235/40 up front)

gauges (boost, water temp, oil temp, oil press)

Will upload some pics when I get home of when I bought it and how it is now.

When I bought it, it had been parked in the weather for approx. 3 years with a damaged tranny.

However, I have a problem with a coolant leak as mentioned in the technical forums.

Hope to get some guidance on this project as I've never owned a Supra but have owned/built other JDM performance cars such as R33 GTR, R32 GTR, R33 GTST, S14 and S15 for drag/ drift (was a Nissan fanboy lol).

My ultimate plan is to build a reliable automatic ~500HP weekend cruiser. Can it be done? Car will NOT be raced in any way, just the occasional sprint down the freeway of course. :)

Regards,

Chrisen.

PICS - from left to right --> when i bought it, taking it home...got it looking stock with some FD RX7 wheels and the OEM spoiler...2JZ-TT installed....how she looks today minus the blitz exhaust

will try getting some engine pics ASAP.

20110409_103334.jpg

20110409_103504.jpg

20110611_163738.jpg

20110702_101626.jpg

20110813_140508.jpg

Edited by GTR Fever (see edit history)

Welcome! Ive been to trinidad many times, infact i purchased my bodykit from trinidad, where abouts are you located? There many supras down there 30+ that i know of and most are hidden away due to the laws now.

Heres a pic of my friends old supe, one of the only legit aeros of its time.

005 (8).jpg

30+ MKIV's?!...whoa!! would've never thought..but the police really are starting to pick the illegal ones up one by one, makes mine all the much better lol..but seriously tho, I only know about 12 of them for the most :S

i'm from central Trinidad, Cunupia to be exact, bought the car from Matelot which is the North Eastern coastline.

i know that blue one, where is it now tho??

oh and pics inna bit..

30+ MKIV's?!...whoa!! would've never thought..but the police really are starting to pick the illegal ones up one by one, makes mine all the much better lol..but seriously tho, I only know about 12 of them for the most :S

i'm from central Trinidad, Cunupia to be exact, bought the car from Matelot which is the North Eastern coastline.

i know that blue one, where is it now tho??

oh and pics inna bit..

Nah the cops really cant touch most of them due to the original names matching up, like the mk4s go on mk3 plates, i mean if u register a supra on nissan plates then you ask for it...but yea LOL

The blue one, well the bodykit is here in england on my supra, and it was put back to stock, painted black, sold and converted to a 6speed tt

the police going high-tech now..the licensing office and police computers are now linked directly so in a road block they can check the year of manufacture, chassis number, registered owner etc..so most of them in hiding under a cover lol

the rims are actually very light weight and fit exactly the way i want..will change them eventually to something more aggressive

the age restriction is to reduce the amount of "old, non-roadworthy cars" which makes absolutely NO SENSE in my honest opinion..sighh..but it makes the legal ones worth more lol

most of the illegal ones recently have been imported and registered illegally with documents showing that they have been manufactured in 2006 or something so in a a road block you'll be in real trouble :)