The mkiv Supra Owners Club

project vegetable sup

mellonman

As some of you know i have been doing my single conversion and its now done and the car is now up and running,i have taken the car out and mapped to the wastegate pressure of 0.6, I have now just got the car booked in at tdi for a real map to be done.

this is where the problem lays i have the brain of a vegetable runing the supra its the aem fic which does not do much apart from timing and fuel realisticly

hence the project name :eyebrows:

I have a

precision t6765 70a/r .68 a/r dbb

Xspower manifold

Hks external wastegate

3.5 -4" exhaust (with bung 98db )

seimens 630cc injectors

top feed fuel rail

super spark coil packs

hks front mount

sard fpr

k&n filter

aem afr

aem fic 8

apexi avcr

apexi bov

400 lph walbro fuel pump

fuel damper bypass

uk brakes

Chris wilson pads

Do-luck braided lines

catch tank breather system

auto transmission cooler

lsd

I also have the best part of 150k miles on the clock

im not wanting big power at all as i have a auto but was hoping around the 500 mark i will let you all know how the vegetable does and add pictures as i go along.

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

thanks scott

first road test yesturday went well, i dont have high expections as its old and had a hard life but it was such a joy to get back in the seat yesturday and that screamer geepers as it was only going at 0.6 most of the boost was out of screamer was getting funny looks up the road as im chucking fuel in, im amazed how much fuel i had to put in over my hybrids even lower down.its getting positive boost about 2500 so i was shocked how its only a little bit more laggy as my hybrids

I have the same turbo, the T67DBB with the .68 housing. In 3rd gear at WOT, you won't see positive boost at 2500, but you should be at 2 to 3 psi by 3000 :) 6psi should be achieved by 3500rpm.

You can hit over a bar of boost by 4000rpm in 3rd, so yeah, it's not really that laggy compared to stock sequential :)

i dont know what gear i was in ian as its a auto but was a slight hill and i was getting 0.05 bar about 2500.

the fic 8 can run a boost controler but i have the avcr already fitted so didnt bother with the fic controling it.

heres the turboIMG00374-20111029-1720.jpg

mock fitted about 10 times to fabricate conections and screamer pipe IMG00376-20111110-1315.jpg

fitted - the catch tank vacuum pipe back into the intake IMG00384-20111126-1616.jpg

well its been at tdi this morning things went well, said when they started they would only map to 1 bar i was fine with that they went out and was well happy with it and set it up to 1.3 and 1.1,they said that the walbro 255 fuel pump is at its limits at 1.3

but once again no dyno sheet as was on the road mapping again next srr open day im there to see what power its putting down as this vegetable has got a kick

the map seens a little lean on building boost at 0.5 im still at 14's but hay what can you do i still have to put my o2 back in so have to fart around with the low down stuff anyway

only runing the 1.1 boost setting as its traction thats the issue now so will see the 1.3 setting more in the summer

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I really should have done more on this thread as im always doing things to the car just dont get the camera out ,

I will be changing to the racing spec japspeed manifold due to the fact that I have the set up already done and its a similar manifold shape I may get some pictures when doing that and test results as its a mid spec manifold

That sounds like enough torque to knacker an auto without soft shifts, be careful. Well done on seeing it all through, but having a funeral home for dead auto boxes from single turbos makes me mention this!

I was just adding the picture of the wastegate plumbing after a PM, but its been running well for the past 3 years but i have no doubt with the mileage and use the car gets it will let go at some point .

Added bonus with having a brain of a vegetable in there soft shifts come as standard with piggy back ecu's.

great work mate, thats a decent results.

how many auto coolers are you running? just the 1?

Thanks for the kind words guys

I am just running the 1 but also retaining the stock radiator,

Funny this threads years old , that dyno run was when I still had the firmware issue with the FIC and had not set the boost controller up properly to stop the wastegate creaping open when making boost

Thanks for the kind words guys

I am just running the 1 but also retaining the stock radiator,

Funny this threads years old , that dyno run was when I still had the firmware issue with the FIC and had not set the boost controller up properly to stop the wastegate creaping open when making boost

You nees to get it back on the dyno! Its a super quick car. Seen you drive it around Bluewater a few times :sly:

• 2 months later...

Note and others that find this thread , I have now swapped the xspower manifold too the race spec japspeed and found that the new manifold does not retain the same down pipe and oil return lines the hole reason i picked this manifold to save having to do all the down pipe fabrication but never mind ,

I used :- AN 10 oild return lines

This is a note as i forgot what i used and ordered AN 12 which is too big I see why build threads are great to keep now lol.

• 3 weeks later...