The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess the rwhp on this set up!?

Westy

Found a thread on Supraforums and the following is the set up described:

Stock Euro Tubbys (TTC) fully BPU with AEM v2 and 550cc stock euro fuel injectors.

Running 20psi i think.

What would you put the rwhp figure at!?

Curious to see comparison as to what has been claimed.:)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say that but the car did a [email protected]

EDIT, it was a 6 speed car an all.

Well the terminal backs it up.

When I had 560 on a dyno dynamics terminal was 122

TDR wasn't far off that terminal with around 400 UK HP running 1.1bar. Granted his time wasn't quite as quick but I'm guessing that this car would have 50hp or so more.

Darett, you say that the terminal backs it up but it only backs it up in relation to US HP. 500rwhp = terminals of 122. Over here 400rwhp would see 120s no bother if set up properly.

TDR wasn't far off that terminal with around 400 UK HP running 1.1bar. Granted his time wasn't quite as quick but I'm guessing that this car would have 50hp or so more.

Darett, you say that the terminal backs it up but it only backs it up in relation to US HP. 500rwhp = terminals of 122. Over here 400rwhp would see 120s no bother if set up properly.

TDR did a 114mph terminal, thats a fair way behind on the drag strip.

I had 476.7 at the wheels at SRR and with 888's over 10 runs were constantly 120-122.

It's only a difference of around 20whp which is hardly anything tbh

I would like to see a 400whp car hit a 120+ terminal though, It would need to be stripped back a fair bit

On his fastest run he did a 114, on one of his other runs he was 120+.

You are talking about one car that was setup on race fuel and a drag gearbox, im not going to try and take anything away from tdr, it was a good time.

Trust me, anything in the 120's is good power, there is people on this forum with 700bhp and they struggle to get into the 120's.

Jevansio had claimed to have in the region of that power and was doing 114-115mph terminals at fight club and he did about 50 runs, just have a look at the drag racing thread.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I had 476.7 at the wheels at SRR and with 888's over 10 runs were constantly 120-122.

It's only a difference of around 20whp which is hardly anything tbh

I would like to see a 400whp car hit a 120+ terminal though, It would need to be stripped back a fair bit

400fwhp car, not RWHP.

Check out TDRs runs. He hit 121mph on one of his runs. High 11 IIRC. His best was 11.5. BPU with custom mapped MAP2 ECU.

500rwhp is impossible with the stock turbos. It's only possible in the US on the US dynos. Terminal vs RWHP is a US thing so all measurement is taken from US constants.

Eg..

Say for example a car makes 500rwhp in the US. The same car only makes 500fwhp on a UK dyno. If the car traps at 120mph then in the US that will be seen as the norm for a 500RWHP car, in the UK it will be seen as the norm for a 500FWHP car, or approx 400rwhp if keeping it RWHP.

TDIs car was a lot less than 400rwhp as it was only running 1.1bar which is known to make around 430hp MAX in the UK (that was at 1.2bar though so it might even have been less power). It was very much set up for launching hard and doing well on the 1/4 mile though hence the good times and high terminal speeds.

You are talking about one car that was setup on race fuel and a drag gearbox, im not going to try and take anything away from tdr, it was a good time.

Trust me, anything in the 120's is good power, there is people on this forum with 700bhp and they struggle to get into the 120's.

Jevansio had in the region of that power and was doing 114-115mph terminals at fight club and he did about 50 runs, just have a look at the drag racing thread.

I totally understand that, and I'm with you. My point is 2 fold. One that the power doesn't directly relate to the terminal (although it will have a massive impact) and 2 there is no way on earth a set of stock tubbys are pushing over 600hp.

Edit: On one hand you are saying that the car does make 500rwhp as you have managed a similar trap with similar power, yet on the other you are saying that TDRs car was setup different hence why he managed it. Is it not possible that you and your car under-performed at it's power, much like Jevansio etc did?

One thing you guys are missing here, talking about american bhp and downhill race tracks, the car in question does not live in USA, its in Europe.

What dyno did it make the power on? Are you seriously suggesting that this power figure is legit at 20PSI on stock heat generators and 550cc injectors?