The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a small supra build video

FOSTA

Cool video; short and to the point. Ditto the second poster's questions as I was going to do this with my last Supra and might want to do it myself one day. I joined the Club NA-T forum before this one but never got a single message from him. I even bought a cheap £500 XSPower .60/1.15A/R twin scroll turbo off eBay for £90 which I never used. Practically new condition. The seller had it on a 2.0 litre VW Passat or something and said that the lag was pretty bad; I wonder why? :blink:

Also, one of the few Youtube videos when I didn't mind the music. Also loved the skating vid! You've still got 1000% more skill than I ever had and you'd be back on form in a few weeks, I'm sure. :D

I even bought a cheap £500 XSPower .60/1.15A/R twin scroll turbo off eBay for £90 which I never used. Practically new condition. The seller had it on a 2.0 litre VW Passat or something and said that the lag was pretty bad; I wonder why? :blink:

thats a massive turbine mate no wonder he said it was laggy

nice vid, when you say cheap, how much did it end up costing you in the end and was there much setting up to get it running right??

Cost around £2500 I think mate, it was just a bolt on really although a few mods where needed to make things fit good but nothing that hard.

I was still driving it around off boost then ryan set it up on the rollers so I didn't do that part lol so to be honest it's really easy to do :)

Cool video; short and to the point. Ditto the second poster's questions as I was going to do this with my last Supra and might want to do it myself one day. I joined the Club NA-T forum before this one but never got a single message from him. I even bought a cheap £500 XSPower .60/1.15A/R twin scroll turbo off eBay for £90 which I never used. Practically new condition. The seller had it on a 2.0 litre VW Passat or something and said that the lag was pretty bad; I wonder why? :blink:

Also, one of the few Youtube videos when I didn't mind the music. Also loved the skating vid! You've still got 1000% more skill than I ever had and you'd be back on form in a few weeks, I'm sure. :D

Cheers mate.

It has got abit lag but I've never had a TT to compare it to so the only thing I can compare it to is my old Corsa 2ltr turbo,

With the Corsa it always seemed to be in boost so even just pulling up a slip road I could feel the tiny turbo doing all the work but with the supra T61 turbo I can stay off boost most of the time with normal driving and cruising but as soon as I put my foot down the power is there , I'd say the turbo kicks in at around 3000-3200rpm.

Lol I made that skating video about 12months ago it was a 2 day thing to see if we could still pull the tricks off that we used too lol but it was an epic fail so it's just me falling every second! Lol I just uploaded it yesterday as I had nothing to do lol oh and the audio is really bad and distorted :-/

:)

Great little vid that. Where did you get the Ultimate and harness from mate, was it just plug and play then or did you still have to splice some wires.

I bought it from eBay brand new and also bought the full e-manage harness from eBay

And I had to search on the US eBay for the extension harness. So I spiced into the extension harness so once that was done that was plug and play so non of my factory harness wires have been cut into ;)

Ps: your build is coming on real nice, very clean :)