The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full respray - parts required

alex2jz

Hi,

I'm respraying the car in spring and i want to start sourcing the parts i need for this. Due to a somewhat low budget, I'm respraying in the same color and won't be doing the engine bay or replace the glass.

Here is a little list of parts i have made. Am i missing something ?

SEAL, HOOD TO FRONT END PANEL - 53395-14010

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER, UPPER CENTER - 52521-14090

90467-09093 - STD. PART (5) (I'm buying because the current seal is pretty worn.)

MOULDING SUB-ASSY, QUARTER, LOWER RH - 75065-19045

MOULDING SUB-ASSY, QUARTER, LOWER LH -75066-19045 (These are worn.)

MOULDING, WINDSHIELD, OUTSIDE RH - 75533-14190

62371A RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR RH

62371-14080 1

62372A RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR LH

62372-14080 1

75551 MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, RH

75551-14150 1

75552 MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, LH

75552-14150 1

75710 MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, RH

75710-14250 1

75720 MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, LH

75720-14250 1

75573C MOULDING, BACK WINDOW, OUTSIDE

75573-14210 1

Cheers

I really feel for you mate, that's going to cost a bomb to replace that lot.

Not that much Scott. 500 pounds at most. I'm getting the parts from Elmhurst Toyota in the US and they have very good prices.

Question is, are these parts enough or am i overbuying by not re-using what i have on the car at the moment. I am clueless when it comes to full resprays ( and other things lol)

Not that much Scott. 500 pounds at most. I'm getting the parts from Elmhurst Toyota in the US and they have very good prices.

Question is, are these parts enough or am i overbuying by not re-using what i have on the car at the moment. I am clueless when it comes to full resprays ( and other things lol)

Renewing all the rubbers is a great thing to do mate. You will need a rear seal, a front seal and the 2 quarter panel seals. These parts often get wrecked when removing the glass. I don't think any of the rest is required but IMO if you can afford to do it I would go for it :)

Renewing all the rubbers is a great thing to do mate. You will need a rear seal, a front seal and the 2 quarter panel seals. These parts often get wrecked when removing the glass. I don't think any of the rest is required but IMO if you can afford to do it I would go for it :)

That's what i was thinking too mate :) Thanks !

When I resprayed my car I replaced all the external parts of the car. Made the car look brand new and was well worth the money.

Cost me around £1,800 at the time (2008) importing from Japan, but that did include new scuttle, wiper arms, headlights, indicators and rear lights.

Good luck with it.

When I resprayed my car I replaced all the external parts of the car. Made the car look brand new and was well worth the money.

Cost me around £1,800 at the time (2008) importing from Japan, but that did include new scuttle, wiper arms, headlights, indicators and rear lights.

Good luck with it.

Thanks mate. That was a lot of money, but as you've said a lot of other things were replaced as well. Wish i had the budget for that !

The paint job on my car looks nice but this color difference on the passenger side is driving me bezerk! If it wasn't for this i wouldn't of bothered with this really. It's a lot of hassle.

My car is booked in to get a full respray too, mine is a facelift TT6 VVTI would the seals be the same? I am guessing it would..! I've only bought a front seal and windshield 'which I needed anyway'.

Do you think your pals Elmhurst Toyota in the US will give a discount for the seals x 2? :-)

Is the rubber seal that the bonnet rest on the front of the car called SEAL, HOOD TO RADIATOR SUPPORT.... ''sorry border line thread hijacking''

Was the wing replaced or sprayed? Looks like the wrong shade of red.

I don't really know what's been changed or sprayed. Either the front wing, but the color matches the hood and the bumper or the door and rear wing. This is how i've bought the car. Back then i was only interested in the car to be mechanically mint, which it is.

What's funny is that the color difference magically disappears when the car is viewed from other angles or in the sun light. I would like to think that this fixable without a full respray but i don't think it's possible.

My car is booked in to get a full respray too, mine is a facelift TT6 VVTI would the seals be the same? I am guessing it would..! I've only bought a front seal and windshield 'which I needed anyway'.

Do you think your pals Elmhurst Toyota in the US will give a discount for the seals x 2? :-)

Is the rubber seal that the bonnet rest on the front of the car called SEAL, HOOD TO RADIATOR SUPPORT.... ''sorry border line thread hijacking''

Hi mate,

I use this website to find my parts. Never fails ! Just choose your model and start looking for whatever you need.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

I don't think Elmhurst will give discounts for so few parts but their prices are absolutely amazing anyway. Well below what you find on the website mentioned above.