The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bumper wont fit.....AHHHHHH!

viper

I purchased myself a veilside front bumper from extreme dimensions a while back and only just got round to fitting it.

After a good few hours batterling to get the original bumper off out in the cold i was angered to find the bloody thing woundnt fit.

After id kicked the garage door several times and calmed down i then had a closer look to see if i was just being impatiant.

Putting it next to the stock bumper the size was rediculasly out of prespective. the bloody thing was to wide and not tall enough, the part that meets the bonnet was at a much sharper angle leaving a gap of about 3 inches between the bonnet closed and the front bumper held in the right sort of position.

the reason i went with extreme dimentions for it was because it was a make that came up as offering quality products, obviously not, i might as well of bought a cheap knock off of of ebay and i may of had better luck.

lesson learnt. :banghead:

If you're going with a copy you are as well trying a cheap knock off. If it isn't a good fit you can bin it. There is nothing worse than paying 100s for something claiming to be a genuine fit and it turns out to be rubbish.

My bumper cost me £120 lol.

The veilside from knight racer is an awesome fit and needed no prep at all.

It's was £200 + vat though...

A price well worth paying for quality ...

It's generally a gamble regardless of where you buy from, it's all to do with the mould and how many times it's been used. If you get a bumper that's been taken out a mould at the end of it's useful life, that is what they say is a useful life, the chances are it will be rubbish. The good thing about Knight racer is they tend to guarantee fitment on their parts so if it doesn't fit you can claim for a refund or replacement.

It's generally a gamble regardless of where you buy from, it's all to do with the mould and how many times it's been used. If you get a bumper that's been taken out a mould at the end of it's useful life, that is what they say is a useful life, the chances are it will be rubbish. The good thing about Knight racer is they tend to guarantee fitment on their parts so if it doesn't fit you can claim for a refund or replacement.

True true, plus they don't over kill there moulds, recently bought the first trial rear our their new mould, grrrreeeaaaaat fitment :D

Where did u get your do luck front from scott?

I tryed fitting with without the alloy crash bar, without the metal frame for the original bonnet mounts but no luck, it wasnt going to fit.

I guess it was a bad mould then.

I would buy from night racer aprat from the veilsdie bumper they sell isnt the style i want i want the original veilside shame as i hear they are a good company

well iv order another bumper from a place in devon, spoke to them over the phone and they seemed very nice and offer a garantee fitment or money back service, so fingers crossed it will fit.

itll be intresting to see if i have to remove the little crash bar at the front but from what it looks like i will.

True true, plus they don't over kill there moulds, recently bought the first trial rear our their new mould, grrrreeeaaaaat fitment :D

Where did u get your do luck front from scott?

Thats funny, they told me i had bought the first Top Secret front out of they're new mould.....then took forever to deliver it, didnt reply to any messages and the fitment and quality were terrible.